18709Re: Asset Search

  • speak2pete@ymail.com
    Nov 7, 2012
      Hi Gil,

      The only aspect of an asset search that requires a court order or similar process is a bank account search. This is because pre-texting has been outlawed. Non-bank account asset searches only need a legal reason. Consulting with an attorney and contemplating litigation would,in my opinion be sufficient reason.

      Asset searches that are not connected with credit approval or employment are not consumer reports and therefore not regulated by the FCRA. There may be records that are regulated by state and local privacy laws, but these generally will not show up in basic asset searches and must be addressed individually.

      If you need assistance with this please contact me.

      Pete Gentile
      732-361-4213
      pgentile@...
      www.enhancedbackgroundchecks.com
      Enhanced Background Checks, LLC
      Licensed Private Detective Agency, State of New Jersey #8826

      *Disclaimer:
      I am not an attorney, I don't play one on TV and I have not slept in a hotel that makes me feel like an attorney. :)