      From: suesarkis@... <suesarkis@...>
      Subject: Re: [infoguys-list] How does one protect self from telephone line wire taps?
      To: infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, July 31, 2010, 3:05 PM

      Patrick -

      Please provide the name of the PI who was criminally prosecuted for said

      alleged conduct. Also, what jurisdiction was he prosecuted in?

      Sincerely,

      Sue

      In a message dated 7/31/2010 11:20:11 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

      patla2@... writes:

      Sue, thanks for the advice. I did, however, hire a licensed P.I. to do

      the job. That is how I found out that my neighbor, the city court judge, was

      the one hiring the P.I.s to follow me around. She told them that I was a

      convicted child molester. One of them actually broke into my house and

      planted a bug in one of my phones. I suspect that there has been at least one

      more P.I. that did the same thing. The P.I. that I hired was soon brought

      up on false charges, convicted of those charges and sentenced to 5 years

      in jail. He was able to get the sentence modified to house arrest for 6

      months. He served his time at his house until released under probation. He

      has since left the area and I doubt that he will come back here ever again.

      It is now up to me to find ways in which I may protect myself against

      these intrusions. I have disconnected most of the phones in my house with the

      exception of one that I have hooked up in the garage. I

      miss seeing my answering machine in my kitchen showing me that people have

      called but I don't feel safe hooking it up as that would allow the judge

      to hear and record everything that I say in my own house. Your advice is

      sound, but I am not the one who has the power and/or money to be able to

      alleviate the problem.

      Patrick

      :-)

      Computer Programmer/Analyst/Instructor/Amateur Web Page

      Designer/Technician for hire.

      Still looking for that dream job that constantly eludes me!!!

      --- On Sat, 7/31/10, _suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...)

      From: _suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...) <_suesarkis@..._

      (mailto:suesarkis@...) >

      Subject: Re: [infoguys-list] How does one protect self from telephone line

      wire taps?

      To: _infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com)

      Date: Saturday, July 31, 2010, 11:27 AM

      Patrick -

      You should be skeptical. My best suggestion to you is to hire an

      experienced and licensed PI who specializes in the field as they would

      have the

      proper equipment. Reliable, accurate equipment is expensive. Not only will

      they have the proper equipment, they would know how to use it.

      Sue

      In a message dated 7/31/2010 8:22:27 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

      _patla2@..._ (mailto:patla2@...) writes:

      Let me clarify that. When I re-read my post I noticed that a person can't

      get a clear picture of what I need. I am simply looking for any

      suggestions on what is the best device to use on a telephone line that can

      detect

      all manner of phone taps, be it wired, microwaved or any other way one can

      tap into a phone line. My P.I. friend who has left the state suggested

      that

      I use a white noise CD while talking on the telephone. I am a bit of a

      skeptic when it comes to using these things and, like the show me state, I

      need proof that it does work before I begin to rely on it for sole

      support.

      In short, I have a need to know what works and/or what doesn't. Are there

      any websites that sell these Items that you could point me to? Thanks in

      advance for any help that I receive. Take care.

      Patrick

      :-)

      --- On Tue, 7/27/10, Patrick <__patla2@..._

      (mailto:_patla2@...) _ (mailto:_patla2@..._ (mailto:patla2@...) )

      From: Patrick <__patla2@..._ (mailto:_patla2@...) _

      To: __infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_

      (mailto:_infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com) _ (mailto:_infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_

      (mailto:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com) )

      Date: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 6:11 PM

      My P.I. and I have come to the conclusion that my phone line has been

      bugged. As my friend is currently on the move and heading out of state

      never to

      return, I have a need to know. How does one protect oneself from such

      invasions of privacy. Yea, I know that some of you are sitting back and

      thinking that I must have done something wrong and the people who are

      bugging my

      phone line are doing so legally. I can assure you that I am not a

      convicted

      felon, I do not have a record and I haven't gotten so much as a speeding

      ticket in all the years that I have been driving. If I have done something

      wrong, I would like to know what it is. If you don't believe me, then

      e-mail

      me off the group and I will give you all the particulars needed to do a

      background check on me. With that being said I have a need to know if any

      of

      you know of a device and/or devices that would help me identify when

      people

      are listening in. These people have even gone as far as

      record my conversations and played it back in my presence(I was across the

      alley at a relatives house when they did the playback at a loud volume so

      that I could hear it). This is an invasion of privacy and I would like to

      stop it now. I appreciate any and all help that I can get. Thanks.