16Re: [infoguys-list] InfoGuys List

  • Claude E. Lavaron III
    Jun 2, 1998
      Dear List

      The FCRA was amended and took effect Oct. 1, 1997.

      Basically it now requires anyone that acts as a consumer reporting agency
      (ie. PI's who collect and disseminate information for pre-employment
      purposes) must make sure that the end user gets written permission from the
      consumer, prior to performing: criminal checks, drivers license checks,
      character , general reputation, personal characteristics, credit, or mode of
      living which is expected to be used in whole or part for the purpose of
      serving as a factor in establishing eligibility for employment, promotion,
      reassignment, or retention as an employee.

      Adverse Action

      Prior to the person intending to take any adverse action they shall provide
      to the consumer to whom the report relates.
      1 a copy of the report
      2 a description in writing of the rights of the consumer under title
      VI, as prescribed by the Federal Trade Commission under section 609(c)(3).

      There are also limits on how far back the information can be obtained.

      There are many unanswered questions as to how this effects....

      1 Surveillance
      2 Background checks on existing employees
      3 Under Cover operations
      3 Shopping services

      and the list goes on and on and on and on ..... Well you get the idea.

      Any one that is concerned should visit the below Webb site!!!!!!!!

      http://www.ftc.gov/os/statues/fcra.html

      Claude E. Lavaron, III, CLI (800) 317-7626 Office
      EX-CEL Investigations (813) 527-5440 Office
      St. Petersburg, Fl. (813) 573-4848 Fax
      excel@... Member: NALI, WAD, NCISS,
      Fl. License: A0001037 CALI, NAPPS, PIAF