13988sex offender registry deletions?

  • Steven
    Jan 1, 2009
      Dear Colleagues:

      Does anyone know if inclusion in states' sex offender registries is
      "for life" or if offenders' listings expire (or can be deleted)?

      My office has been running a stack of subjects. Three times last week
      we found subjects who were convicted of a sex crime, and were in a
      state's sex offender registry 2-4 years ago (we have the complete
      databases from those years in house), but they are now NOT in the
      state's registry. (We double-checked everything by going to the
      state's website.)

      The 3 subject are absolutely confirmed as having been convicted sex
      offenders, formerly in their state's registry a few years ago - name,
      address, DOB and photos match - but they're no longer listed. They're
      all still shown in crim rec indexes as convicted of the
      crime...they're just gone from their states' offender registries.

      Some enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Steven.

      (Steven Rambam, Director.)
      (for: Pallorium, Inc.)

      direct email: rambam@..., pallorium@...

      THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS FOR NEWSGROUP ACTIVITY ONLY.
      PRIVATE MESSAGES SENT TO THIS ADDRESS ARE AUTOMATICALLY DISCARDED BY
      THE MAILSERVER.

      Pallorium, Inc.
      P.O. Box 155 - Midwood Station
      Brooklyn, New York 11230 USA

      Telephone: (001) 212-969-0286
      FAX: (001) 212-858-5720

      ____________

      Electronic Mail: pallorium@...
      (OR) pallorium@...

      ____________

      WEB: http://www.pallorium.com

      * Licensed Investigators * Database Services *

      * U.S.A. Affiliates in New York, Texas, Louisiana and California *

      * IIN * WAD * WIN * NAIS * ION * AIIP * NCISS * BOMP * COIN *
      * ASIS * ACFE * IOA * INTELNET * ALDONYS * TALI * SPI *

      Join the "INVESTIGATIONS" group at: www.peoplefinder.net/newsgroup.html
      A private, secure and noncompetitive group for investigative
      professionals.