13666email scam

  • Glad4JC@aol.com
    Oct 31, 2008
      I received an official looking email from "Network Solutions" email sender
      was _tech@..._ (mailto:tech@...) . Do NOT
      click on the link. Call the real domain company at 1-800-333-7680 and listen
      to their message.

      If you click on the link and follow the instructions in the email the bogus
      sender will have pertinent information on your account there if you have one.
      Just a word to the wise NEVER click on a link from an unsolicited email
      from any official looking anyone, company, agency, etc even if you do business
      with them, always type the address in your browser.

      This was a particularly crafty link since it had the actual name first and
      then the "com / " after that would redirect you to the scam web site. so it
      really looked official. Below is the message in the email with the hyper link
      removed for your safety.

      Gladys

      Dear Network Solutions® Customer,

      On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:11:03 +0100 we received a third party complaint of
      invalid domain contact information in the Whois database for this domain
      Whenever we receive a complaint, we are required by ICANN regulations to initiate
      an investigation as to whether the contact data displaying in the Whois
      database is valid data or not. If we find that there is invalid or missing data, we
      contact both the registrant and the account holder and inform them to update
      the information.

      Please note: ICANN (the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers)
      regulations state that the WHOIS Administrative Contact may initiate and
      approve domain name registration transfers from your Network Solutions account
      to other Registrars. If you are not listed as the WHOIS Administrative Contact
      a transfer can occur without your knowledge if Domain Protect is not enabled
      for the domain name registrations listed above.

      To change the WHOIS Administrative Contact Information for any of your
      domains, please login to Account Manager:

      1. Log in to Account Manager at: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      2. Click on the "Profile & Accounts" tab in the left navigation menu to be
      taken to a page listing your account details.
      3. Click on "Accounts" and select the account you wish to edit.
      4. Click "View/Edit WHOIS Contacts" to make your updates.

      If you believe someone requested this change without your consent, please
      contact Customer Service.

      If you would like to order additional services or to update your account,
      please visit us online.

      Thank you for choosing Network Solutions. We are committed to providing you
      with the solutions, services, and support to help you succeed online.

      Sincerely,
      Network Solutions® Customer Support

      Gladys Brierley
      ACCURATE INVESTIGATIONS