12666Re: [infoguys-list] Re: A "Senior Moment"

    Jun 8, 2008
      Rick -

      For starters, what caused the arrest? Was it the store owner or manager?
      If so, the police had no choice. However, even they (store owner/manager)
      should be using common sense.

      The opinion from the board it posted from is ridiculous, to say the least,
      and not only not in touch with the case at hand but not in touch with the
      times.

      For starters, I doubt that this 79 year old man had parents to be taken to
      by the LEO's. That is how juveniles are usually handled, even today.
      However, since corporal punishment by parents is a felony in many states, even that
      doesn't work like it used to. Spare the rod; spoil the child !!!

      As I said before, in THIS case the prosecution seems a little ridiculous
      even with a prior because they will have a very hard time trying to prove intent
      which I believe we agree on.

      However, the opinion presented about the prosecutions having gotten out of
      hand is true. However, the fault does not lie with the LEO's or the
      prosecutors but rather with the leftist, give me something for nothing general public
      who would sue the shit out of the LEOs/prosecutors for failing to enforce the
      law should he then have thrown the pie in someone's face or some other absurd
      modern day tortious act.

      It is absolutely insane that a law has to be put on the books in all 50
      states protecting homeowners from civil litigation from a residential burglar
      getting injured while fleeing the home because he's being chased by a watch dog.
      However, juries have awarded large judgments for such thieves and that is
      all because of the leftist mentality. No two ways about it. Call it
      political if you care to; I call it asinine.

      By the way, perhaps Missouri might increase their criminal penalties to come
      into touch with the times. Prosecuting for what might appear to be trivial
      violations of the law are done for recidivism and deterrence purposes.
      Lawbreakers are lawbreakers. However, I don't think the cherry pie man is.

      818-246-3001 FAX

      "one Nation under God"

      a military veteran

      Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.