      From: infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com [mailto:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Vicki Siedow
      Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 2:23 AM
      To: infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [infoguys-list] Is it legal to use a record someone in MN?

      Excuse me, but what in the heck does Arbonne, a beauty line, have to do with
      investigative work, and why are you here, getting advice from us? People,
      please check who you're working with here.

      Vicki Siedow
      Siedow & Associates Investigations
      & Legal Support Services
      2629 Foothill Blvd. #262
      La Crescenta, CA 91214
      Los Angeles County
      CA PI License # 22852
      800.448.6431 toll free
      818.242.0130 local
      818.688.3295 fax
      <http://siedow.lawandorder.com/ <http://siedow.lawandorder.com/> >
      http://Siedow.LawAndOrder.com <http://Siedow.LawAndOrder.com>
      <mailto:Siedow@... <mailto:Siedow%40LawAndOrder.com> >
      Siedow@... <mailto:Siedow%40LawAndOrder.com>
      Member NCISS, IWWA

      Need economical legal help?
      Concerned about Identity Theft?

      _____

      From: infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>
      From: david jones
      Date: 7/1/2007 11:04:59 AM
      To: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com

      It will depend on how the recorder was used. If it was used to record a
      transmission" such as a phone conversation, then it is a federal violation
      and will fall under FCC guidelines. Often times investigators will use them
      as an "aid memoir" so to speak to assist them in writing a statement. If the
      statement is sworn it can be considered a pretty good piece of evidence
      providing the creditability of the person providing the statement is on the
      up and up. It usually all boils down to how the conversation was recorded,
      and of course, you should talk to a state licensed attorney for proper
      guidance. Hope that helps.

      Best Regards,

      Steve

      dawnek71 <DawnEk@rapidwebllp. <mailto:DawnEk%40rapidwebllp.com> com> wrote:
      Is it legal and adminisable in
      court to use a digital voice recorder in
      Minnesota. Where can I find the answer?
      TIA,
      Dawn