11099Re: [infoguys-list] Is it legal to use a record someone in MN?

  • david jones
    Jul 1, 2007
      It will depend on how the recorder was used. If it was used to record a "transmission" such as a phone conversation, then it is a federal violation and will fall under FCC guidelines. Often times investigators will use them as an "aid memoir" so to speak to assist them in writing a statement. If the statement is sworn it can be considered a pretty good piece of evidence providing the creditability of the person providing the statement is on the up and up. It usually all boils down to how the conversation was recorded, and of course, you should talk to a state licensed attorney for proper guidance. Hope that helps.

      Best Regards,

      dawnek71 <DawnEk@...> wrote: Is it legal and adminisable in court to use a digital voice recorder in
      Minnesota. Where can I find the answer?