vampire stigma-busting event

  • Ella Veres
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2006
      On March 15 we'll have an evening at Galapagos
      concerning Transylvanian matters/culture.
      I’d be grateful if you could put our announcement in
      your ever-informing newsletter and grace us with your
      presence.

      Ella Veres Studio in collaboration with Living Room
      Sacred Slam & Galapagos Art Space presents

      Fanging My Way Thru America
      or
      What Do Vampires Have To Do With Transylvania?

      A Photography Exhibit by Ella Veres

      and

      A Dramatic Reading
      Performed by

      Deirdre Carney, William De Meritt, Richard Mover, Anna
      Rose,
      Mary Kay Rosteck & Ella Veres

      Soundscapes by G-Stompz

      When: Wednesday, March 15th

      Where: Galapagos
      Williamsburg Brooklyn
      70 North 6th Street
      Take the L train to Bedford Ave.

      Cost: $7

      Evening Breakdown:

      7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
      Farewell My Transylvania!
      Taste food, drink, look at photos, and listen to
      stories

      8:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
      Fanging My Way Thru America
      Dramatic reading

      10:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
      Questions & Answers

      This event will combine Farewell My Transylvania! a
      photography exhibit of the real people and land of
      Transylvania, a performance of their stories, and a
      dramatic reading of Fanging My Way Thru America –
      monologues and skits that testify to the life of
      immigrant Transylvanians here in America.
      Join us for this fun stigma busting experience.

      A poster of this show is posted at
      http://www.geocities.com/ellaveres/veres.pdf

      Ella Veres

      phone: 917 620 9782