FW: [romania_eu_list] summer school in prague

  • Desk
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2002
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Anton Niculescu [mailto:aniculescu@...]
      Sent: 29 ianuarie 2002 11:25
      To: 'romania_eu_list@yahoogroups.com'
      Subject: [romania_eu_list] summer school in prague

      Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 18:36:05 -0500
      From: <czelizer@...>
      Subject: Summer School in prague

      crossposted from Balkans List

      CfA: Summer School - 'The EU Facing Eastern Enlargement',
      15-27.7.2002, Jena & Prague

      Please find below the description of the Jena-Prague
      2002 Summer School - 'The EU Facing Eastern
      Enlargement' to be organised between 15 and 27 July
      2002. We would like to get applications especially
      >from Ph.D. students and junior researchers. We would
      be thankful if you could help us to disseminate the
      information about the courses to those potentially
      interested in it.

      Application form and more information can be obtained
      >from the following web-sites:

      http://www.uta.fi/laitokset/politiikka/eirss/index.htm
      http://www.uni-jena.de/~s9obho/IB/summers/European%20International%
      20Relatio
      ns%20
      Summer%20School.htm

      Short desription and programme:

      Jena-Prague 2002 Summer School - 'The EU Facing
      Eastern Enlargement'

      Since 1999 the European International Relations Summer
      School (EIRSS) takes place as an annually rotating international school for
      20-25 post-graduate students in International Relations. In addition to the
      topics related to the specific theme of a summer school in that particular
      year, it offers thematic courses, such as Methodology and Theories of IR. It
      also arranges interdisciplinary courses with adjacent disciplines and seeks
      to combine theoretical approaches with practical applications.

      The Jena-Prague 2002 Summer School, focussing on the implications of the
      EU's enlargement with a special emphasis on East-Central Europe, will take
      place in Jena (15-27 July 2002) with a sojourn in Prague (22-24
      July) A primary goal is to involve doctoral students
      and academic teachers both from Eastern and Western
      Europe. The 2002 summer school is supported by grants
      >from the European Consortium for Political Research
      (ECPR), the Standing Group on IR of the ECPR, and the Volkswagen Foundation
      (for the East European participants and the course in Prague).

      Four thematic courses will be offered:

      1. Methodologies and Theory of IR
      (Course directors: Prof. Dr. O. Apunen, University of
      Tampere and Ass. Prof. Dr. U. Sedelmeier, Central
      European University, Budapest)

      2. Governance and Institutions of the Enlarging EU
      (Course directors: Prof. Dr. C. Knill, University of
      Jena)

      3. Transnational Problems in Unifying Europe
      (Course directors: Prof. Dr. D. Eberwein, WZB Berlin
      and Prof. Dr. O. Höll, Austrian Institute for
      International Affairs, Vienna)

      4. The Central and East European States and EU
      Membership
      (Course directors: Prof. Dr. L. Kiss, University of
      Budapest, and Dr. V. Handl, Czech Institute of
      International Relations, Prague).

      In addition, a Baseline Seminar will be open for each participant to present
      her/his dissertation or Ph.D. project.

      Students from ECPR member institutions will pay
      subsidised registration fees (? 100 tuition), while
      students from other institutions may be admitted on a full-price basis (?
      180). Housing fees will be ?100 (single rooms, breakfast included). Lunch is
      available in campus cafeterias to very reasonable prices. The participants
      will be accommodated in a hotel, a convenient 10 minutes' tram ride from the
      centre of Jena and the University's campus. East-European students are
      entitled for travel, housing and registration grants. Lectures and courses
      will take place on campus. Students enrolled in the EIRSS Jena Session will
      be granted access to computer and library facilities.

      Resurse relevante pentru procesul de integrare al Romaniei - pe site-ul
      EuroAtlantic Club
      http://www.europe.org.ro/euroatlantic_club