FW: Launch of ACRONIM: Searchable On-Line Database of Cultural Research

  • Oana Mateescu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2002
      -----Original Message-----
      From: EUCLID International [mailto:news@...]
      Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 1:01 PM
      To: info@...
      Subject: Launch of ACRONIM: Searchable On-Line Database of Cultural Research

      Dear colleague,

      We are pleased to announce that ACRONIM is now on-line !!

      ACRONIM is the searchable on-line bibliographical database of cultural research from across the world. It can be accessed from: www.culture-research.info or www.arts-research.info or www.euclid.info

      ACRONIM initially contains around 3,000 items of cultural research and documentation, and this will be added to continuously. In addition, anyone anywhere can directly submit their own cultural research projects and publications into this database - we look forward to recieving your own submissions. We have hardly begun to market and promote ACRONIM but we have already recieved over 200 new registrations, and around 50 new submissions.

      ACRONIM is free for submissions and searches, and, from 1 July 2002, DICE, our regular e-mail bulletin of updates on cultural research reports and other documentations, is also available free to all.

      ACRONIM is only available to those who register to receive DICE - from now on, anyone registering will set up their own login name and password which will enable them to access ACRONIM. This login and password is required to access the ACRONIM search mechanism - until the end of July, you can use "dicesub1" for both of these - this will not work after that date, so please register to receive DICE in order
      to be able to continue to access ACRONIM.

      Feedback and comments welcome!

      Best wishes,

      The EUCLID Team