OPEN COMPETITION - CULTURAL POLICY SUB-COMPONENT OF THE ARTS AND CULTURE NETWORK PROGRAM
- CONCEPT Foundation announces the open competition for the CULTURAL POLICY
SUB - COMPONENT of the Arts and Culture Network Program
The aim of this program is to promote long-term structural changes in the
field of cultural policy - the development and implementation of different
models of cultural actions with specific emphasis on projects that "cross
Priority support will be given to long-term projects (for the first part of
their realization in the year 2002) aimed at developing:
· legislation and fiscal policy in the field of culture
(related to legal activities in culture, heritage protection, nonprofit
associations and organizations, privatization in culture and the arts,
regionalization of cultural policy etc.);
· transformation of existing infrastructures into more
flexible and self-sustainable ones;
· new entrepreneurial and fundraising models of cultural
institutions and events;
· education and training of cultural administrators
(policy-makers), arts managers and entrepreneurs (including training of
· establishment and development of new artistic venues and
resource centers, linked with cultural policy issues;
· cross-cultural communication (multi-cultural projects, arts
for social change).
The following types of projects will receive support:
* innovative and/or interdisciplinary models of cultural actions at
international, national or regional level;
* action research projects aimed at practical results and
* seminars, conferences, workshops, training, and other forms of
education, organized at a regional level;
* public debates and round tables (using media networks), lobbying
activities and programs.
The projects will be supported only under condition that they represent
innovative ideas and have concrete practical outcomes.
The maximum grant requested should not exceed 20 000 USD.
The description of the project proposal should be submitted by filling the
necessary application form, which should not exceed 5 pages plus the budget.
Project proposals should be submitted in 3 copies with all additional
materials (if necessary) and in an electronic form. Incomplete applications
will not be considered.
For further information please contact CONCEPT Foundation between November
26, 2001 - January 11, 2002.
The deadline for submitting projects is January 15, 2002, 17.00.
All applications should be submitted to CONCEPT Foundation 14, Pictor
Constantin Stahi Str, 1st district, zip code 707642, Bucharest, tel: +
40-1-313 78 72 / 311 12 52, fax: + 40-1-311 12 53 Email: