Re: gnuplot + ghostview problem

  • Stefan A. Deutscher
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 1997
      Hi Jens,

      Thanks a million for the script that allows to plot to ghostscript
      from within gnuplot. It solved my problem exactly, what can I say
      except: you are a damn genius!
      This really works even on OS/2 after exactly 3 modifications:
      I had to replace

      (i) calls to 'gs' by calls to 'gsos2', and
      (ii) change the first line of the file to
      extproc gawk.exe -f
      which is the OS/2 way of #!-ing another programme to execute the
      thing.
      (iii) Of course, I had to call the script 'gsplot.cmd'

      Now it works beautifully. Please, if you haven't already, contribute
      this nice script to the gnuplot distribution. If you don't mind I would
      even send it to Roger Fearick (the OS/2 gnuplot fellow) since it nicely
      integrates with his feature to call REXX scripts from within gnuplot.
      (Maybe he even rewrites it to use only REXX, which is on all OS/2
      machines.)

      Thanks again, display postscript on a Pentium-Pro with 150 MHz and 64MB
      of memory is very pleasant!

      Good night! Stefan

      Stefan A. Deutscher | (+1-423-) voice fax
      The University of Tennessee, Knoxville | UTK : 974-7838 974-7843
      Department of Physics and Astronomy | ORNL : 574-5897 574-1118
      401, A. H. Nielsen Building | home : 522-7845 522-7845
      Knoxville, T.N. 37996-1200, USA | email: sad@...