3.7??

  • crawford richard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 1997
      Hi, all,

      Just a quick thought:

      With all the various releases of pre-3.6 floating around, if/when we
      finally decide to put 3.6 out there 'officially', there is going to
      be a lot of confusion as to who has which version.

      What about the possibility of taking, say, pre-3.6 r325 and renaming
      it 3.7.0?

      There is precedent for this -- 3.3 was never officially released,
      either.

      While I'm here:

      Yes, I know it's 'feature-frozen'. But in the last few days several
      people have complained that the timestamp is not where it was in 3.5
      and sometimes is rotated, too.

      I took care of the rotation 'problem', and (with luck) next week will
      take care of the position as well. Will making these optional count
      as 'new features' or 'bug fixes' or what? Or shall I just leave these
      (and the option to change the width of the key box) in a single patch
      file for whomever wants it?

      And, of course, the bottom line -- should I put these in the manual,
      or include the manual diffs as part of thr patch?

      Just some random thoughts while I'm supposed to be working...

      Dick Crawford, aka rccrawford@...