“The 2005 International Youth Buddhist Leadership Training for Spiritual Resurgence and Social Innovation

  • INEB office
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2005

      Dear INEB members,

      INEB is pleased to offer our third year of youth leadership training �The 2005 International Youth Buddhist Leadership Training for Spiritual Resurgence and Social Innovation� from 22nd May � 30th June 2005

      We welcome application forms from those who are:

      • Buddhists from any traditions
      • Female or male, ordained or laity
      • With good command of English
      • Age between 20 � 30
      • From South or Southeast Asian countries
      • With serious interest in radically improving life as well as contributing extensively to society.
      • new to social activism, and not necessarily from INEB member organizations are also welcome

      Content covered: Globalization and its effects on the third world�s poverty, ecological crisis, globalization�s effect on H/R and the marginalized in Asia, gender issue, civil society and people�s politics, Buddhism and Its Challenges in Modern time, conflicts and violence in Asian region, ocially Engaged Buddhist movement: concepts and experiences, exposure visit, social Analysis, Asian roots and spirituality for alternative development, self transformation and practical skill for socially engaged Buddhists

      Those who are accepted are provided scholarship with small grant for international economical traveling expense (not includes passport fee)

      We accept application from now until 31 March 2005. For more information, please feel free to contact me.

      We hope that this INEB youth training would be helpful in strengthening your organization/network.

      Yours,

      Anne Lapapan Supamata

      Executive secretary

      #######
      International Network of Engaged Buddhists
      666 Charoen Nakorn Road,
      Klongsan, Bangkok 10600 THAILAND
      Ph.: +66 2 860 2194
      fax: +66 2 860 1277
      mobile ph.: 09 150 8084
      e-mail : ineboffice@...

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Jonathan Watts
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 16, 2005
        Press Release: Jumma Organizations/Supporters Highlight CHT Crisis
        during Khaleda Zia's visit to Japan

        Released: 13 July 2005

        On the occasion of the visit to Japan by Bangladesh Prime Minister Begum
        Khaleda Zia on 12-15 July 2005, indigenous Jumma activists living in
        Japan, and Japanese CHT support NGOs/groups held an urgent public
        meeting at Joenji Buddhist Temple in Shinjuku, Tokyo from 6:30 PM,
        Thursday 12 July 2005, to raise concern regarding GoB plans to settle
        tens of thousands of Bengali settler families* along the Baghaihat-Sajek
        road in RangamatiHill District, Chittagong Hill Tracts, Bangladesh, to
        start to provide
        free food rations to 28,000 Bengali settlers families in the CHT in
        addition to the approx. 27,000 families already receiving rations, and
        recent incidents of land grabbing/appropriation and human rights abuse
        in
        the CHT.

        Some 35 citizens/researchers/activists/media personnel attended the
        meeting which was arranged on short notice. Representatives of Jumma
        Peoples Network Japan, and the Japanese support groups Jumma Net, Japan
        CHT Committee, Shimin Gaiko Centre and CHT Children's Fund gave
        presentations/speeches on the above issues.

        Today, Wednesday 13 July 2005, at 11:00 AM, the Jumma Peoples Network
        Japan and Japanese support groups will submit the attached appeal (MOFA
        Appeal) in person to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kasumigaseki,
        Tokyo. A seperate meeting with MOFA officials is due to be held on
        Wednesday 20 July 2005.

        Furthermore, the Jumma Peoples Network of the Asia Pacific (JUMNAPA)
        which is based in Australia has sent the attached appeal to the Japanese
        government. It is attached herewith with their permission.

        *Note: 10,000 families according to PCJSS press release, and 65,000
        families according to "News From Bangladesh" website, UPDF, and Asian
        Centre for Human Rights.

        Tom Edwardson
        Steering Committee, Jumma Net
        Tel/Fax: +81-3-3655-1005