Re: [ineb] RE: Demise of David Chappell

  • Anlwc
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 7, 2004
      Dear INEB members,

      We are very sorry to know that our Dharma friend was pass away from us. I remember that, Mr. David Chappell was very active in the Peace and Reconciliation. I met him last time in Seoul, S Korea in 2003 during INEB conference.
      I am very deep respective to him, we call him a Peace maker.
      We are sharing the suffer with his family,

      ANATA !!!!!!

      Yours in Dharma and Peace

      Peou Vanna
      ANLWC

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 7, 2004

        Dear INEB members,

        I am sad to hear that David Chappell, member of the Executive Board of INEB has just pass away.   I had met David Chappell at the Ariya Vinaya conference and also Suksit Siam Bookstore.  Meeting him feel that he is a very kind person and has alot of goodwill to others.

        Metta lovingkindness to David Chappell.

        Kind regards,

        Phra Ratha Mahaviriyo (Vayagool)
        Wat Mahathat
        Section 8
        Bangkok, Thailand
        tel:  07 -0621-834
        email:  vayagool@...

        INEB office <ineboffice@...> wrote:

[...]

        #######
        International Network of Engaged Buddhists
        666 Charoen Nakorn Road,
        Klongsan, Bangkok 10600 THAILAND
        Ph.: +66 2 860 2194
        fax: +66 2 860 1277
        mobile ph.: 09 150 8084
        e-mail : ineboffice@...

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Mangesh Dahiwale
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 8, 2004

          Dear INEB members,

          We are sad to hear this news of demise of David Chappell and we are with his family in this hour of grief.

          We also very much appreciate and rejoice in his meritorious work for spreading Buddhism and service to the people.

          With Metta,
          Mangesh Dahiwale
          India

          Anlwc <anlwc@...> wrote:
          Dear INEB members,

          We are very sorry to know that our Dharma friend was pass away from us. I remember that, Mr. David Chappell was very active in the Peace and Reconciliation. I met him last time in Seoul, S Korea in 2003 during INEB conference.
          I am very deep respective to him, we call him a Peace maker.
          We are sharing the suffer with his family,

          ANATA !!!!!!

          Yours in Dharma and Peace

          Peou Vanna
          ANLWC

          We from the INEB[BURMA]chapter deeply sorry for the lost of our dhamma friend Mr.David Chappell.Also as a closed members of INEB executive,I am wiahing him for peace in nivana.

          Truly,

          Hkun Okker

          >From: INEB office <ineboffice@...>
          >To: ineb e-group <ineb@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: Demise of David Chappell
          >Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 07:16:39 -0800 (PST)
          >

          >Dear friends,
          >
          >I am so sad to inform you that David Chappell, member of the executive board of INEB and my best friend has just passed away. I would like to dedicate the next issue of Seed of Peace to him. I would appreciate it so much if you would kindly write something about him or his contribution to peace. If you could recommend some others also I would be grateful. I tried to be mindful and to meditate to send my merit to him.
          >
          >  Sulak
          >
          >Dear INEB members,
          >
          >I feel sorry to forward a sad news to you. Few days ago we lost one of our beloved and supportive friend, David Chappell. He served as a member of Executive Board of INEB.
          >
          >David has been with us for a long time and was helpful in re-energizing our network. To my memory, he was a very active member of INEB, participating in many activities of us and giving me lots of ideas. He also involved in dialogues and cooperation among faiths. I am certain that we all remember his good heart and works, and share the sorrow with his family.
          >
          >Even though we are fortunate to have a lot of friends alive, may I take this opportunity to express my wish for all of you to please take good care of your health and spirit for the years to come.
          >
          >Yours,
          >
          >Anne
          >
          >Executive Secretary, INEB

          >#######
          >International Network of Engaged Buddhists
          >666 Charoen Nakorn Road,
          >Klongsan, Bangkok 10600 THAILAND
          >Ph.: +66 2 860 2194
          >fax: +66 2 860 1277
          >mobile ph.: 09 150 8084
          >e-mail : ineboffice@...

          International Network of Engaged Buddhists (INEB)
          To Unsubscribe send email to:

        • Dolma Tsering
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 14, 2004
            Dear INEB members,

            I am very sorry to hear that Mr. David Chappell is no longer amongst us. I
            have deep respect for him for his active participation in peace and
            inter-religious understanding and cooperation. He had been such an
            inspiration for all of us. Let us all join together to pray for his safe and
            easy transition into next life. My deep condolence is with his family.

            Sincerely,

            Ven. Lobsang Dechen
            Executive Board member, INEB