INEB's activities update

  • INEB office
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2004
      Dear INEB Members,

      Greeting from INEB Secretariat Office

      How are you?

      This is to inform you about the INEB activities in the year 2004 so far. Some of you who receive our magazine Seeds of Peace may already read the details.

      14-19 May 2004

      Interfaith Consultation on Towards Gender Justice and Genuine Partnership of Women and Men

      INEB jointly organized the mentioned activities with other faith organizations in South and Southeast Asia countries at Wongsanit Ashram. I invited some Buddhists from Southeast Asian region and some INEB members who works on gender issue to the consultation.

       11-30 July 2004

      International Youth Buddhist Leadership Training for Spiritual Resurgence and Social Innovation

      This is the main activity at the secretariat office in Bangkok. I was granted assistance from you in recruitment some wonderful young Buddhists to join the training program. We have 26 young people from 11 countries including from Tibet communities in India. The short article of this appeared in the September issue of Seeds of Peace. The full report is being prepared for the funding agency and if you are interested, I can send to you.

       1-10 August 2004

      Training for Trainers : Buddhist Approach (Buddhist TOT)

      In addition to the July program, Buddhist TOT aimed to provide practical skill in working as trainers/facilitators in communities. Pracha provided the experimental training of 10 days to 16 participants, also recommended by some of you. We learnt a lot to improve the program. Even though the time is quite short but the program interested our participants very much.

      International Seminar on Gross National Happiness (GNH): Message from Bhutan

      INEB participated in the seminar at Asian Institute of Technology in Thailand. Participants include delegate, economists, academics and social activists from Bhutan, Tibet in exile and other Asian countries.

      Yours,

      Lapapan Supamanta

      Executive Secretary

      #######
      International Network of Engaged Buddhists
      666 Charoen Nakorn Road,
      Klongsan, Bangkok 10600 THAILAND
      Ph.: +66 2 860 2194
      fax: +66 2 860 1277