Invitation to INEB's 2004 Youth Buddhist Leadership Training Program

  • INEB office
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2004

      Dear INEB members and friends,

      Greeting from International Network of Engaged Buddhists (INEB)

      Our aims are to strengthen our network as well as to enhance capacity of our member Buddhists who are working for well-being of all sentient beings based on Buddhist teachings, particularly those in poor countries. Therefore, we organize the following training program for the year 2004.

      1) International Buddhist Leadership Training for Spiritual Resurgence and Social Innovation

      Date: From 11-30 July 2004

      Venue: Shanti Dhamma Garden and Wongsanit Ashram, Thailand

      We invite young Buddhists within our INEB circle to join. Please refer to the program information attached. Application form is also enclosed.

      Scholarship is available for those who are accepted. Scholarship includes tuition fee, meals, lodging, exposure visit and international (economical) traveling expenses.

      Application is closes on 31 May 2004 and acceptance is confirmed by 10 June 2004.

      2)  Training or Trainers Workshop : Buddhist Approach

      Date: 1-10 August 2004

      Venue: anit Ashram, Thailand

                      The workshop is aimed to increase capacity of Buddhist social workers, trainers, and facilitators in their services to community/social change.

                      The registration fee is US$400 for non-INEB applicants and US$320 for those who belong to INEB or are recommended by INEB members. Limited seats, up to 20 persons only.

      Program information and application form are enclosed. Application is closes on 31 May 2004 and acceptance is confirmed by 10 June 2004.

                 We hope that you would be interested in sending your representative to joint the training. We would like also to ask you to please circulate this information and recommend anyone who might be interested.

      If you have any question, please enquire at <ineboffice@...>

       Yours in the Dhamma,

      Anne Lapapan Supamanta

      Executive Secretary

      International Network of Engaged Buddhists (INEB)

      #######
      International Network of Engaged Buddhists
      124 Soi Wat Thong Noppakhun,
      Somdej Chaophraya Rd., Klongsan,
      Bangkok 10600 THAILAND
      ph/fax: +66 2 437 9450