Introduction

  • Mangesh Dahiwale
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2003
      Dear members of INEB,
      At the outset, I would like to thank Brother Jonathan
      Watts for information of the activities of Engaged
      Buddhists. I came back from Bangkok yesterday after
      spending one day in visiting various Buddhist places
      there. Had I known that the office of INEB is located
      in Bangkok, I would have certainely visited the
      office. I came to know about it only today. About
      engaged Buddhism, I read one article written by Sulak
      Sivaraksha. Therein he has talked of Buddhism with
      small b and not the Capital B. I think it is a
      wonderful way of putting the teaching of our master
      Buddha. I am impressed by his work for removing
      poverty in the rural areas.

      About me, I am from India and presently based in New
      Delhi, I am 28. We have an E-group also,namely, the
      Buddhist Circle. It comprises of youths mostly and
      most of the members are committed. There is so much
      to be done in India and the Dhamma is certainly
      appealing the people, though the numerical strenght of
      the adherents is less. We arrange various programmes
      in New Delhi, Mumbai and Nagpur. We also meet in the
      Universities. Personally, I am of the belief that
      Buddhism is never socially disengaged.
      I am also looking forward to participate in the
      forthcoming conference of INEB.
      Together we can do a lot!
      With much Metta,
      Mangesh