dharma problem with the war

  • aslef35
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2003
      I've heard a lot of people recently, notably Buddhists, saying that if
      we can't stop the war altogether, it would be better to hope for a
      quick and decisive victory. What frightens me is that the quicker the
      victory, the more likely Bush will be to go on to the next country on
      his list of the "axis of evil". Where will it stop? the fighting
      certainly hasn't stopped in Afghanistan, and wherever they go, British
      and American troops will be targets for al-Quaeda and local
      resentment. I have hesitated to bring this up with other Buddhists
      because it feels like I'm arguing for more bloodshed in Iraq.
      Hoping someone can help me out,
      Mark