greeting from INEB Office

  • INEB office
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2002

      Dear INEB e-group members,

      Greeting from Secretariat Office of International Network of Engaged Buddhists (INEB)

      May I take this chance to introduce myself. I am Anne or my full name is Ms. Lapapan Supamanta. I took a position of INEB executive secretary since February this year.

      In early February, we had INEB executive committee meeting with many interesting issues coming out. It was a chance where we all review our past situation and discuss for future. INEB will remain a network for people with spirit of socially engagement to share and cheer with one another. Our concerns still revolve around structural violence, peacemaking, gender issue, Bhikkhuni ordination, interfaith dialogue, alternatives to education/economics, spirituality, and alike.

      I regard our e-group as very important as it is a prompt way to connect us worldwide, no matter we are in �first� or �third� world. An incident like �September 11� calls upon us the quick and collective response to resist violence and bring about peaceful and livable world.

      To re-energize our e-group is not a task that one can do it alone. Your input, even constant greeting with INEB friends, will connect us all. Our dream of creating a �Sangha

      will be a step closer. So, please make the most of this communication tool.

      Yours in the dhamma,

      Anne

      #######
      International Network of Engaged Buddhists
      PO Box 19 Mahadthai Post Office
      Bangkok 10206
      THAILAND
      ph/fax: +66 2 437 9450