Regarding Alan Senauke

  • Noriaki Fujimori
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 25, 2001
      Aloha INEB, people Jon-san, Suzuki-san, Santikaro Bhikkhu and other
      people,

      This is Noriaki Fujimori of Hawaii.
      I have been being a BPF board member for 8 months.

      As you know, Alan Senauke will retire the BPF ED job.
      So, we decide to write something for him. (This is SURPRISE. So, don't
      tell Alan.)
      Please write something for him by Jan. 5.

      Let's have a mindfully holiday season with Buddha Dharma.

      Nori with Gassho

      > Warm winter greetings fellow board members,
      >
      > This message is being sent to board, staff, other invitees
      > to Alan's party on Jan. 13, and to others as well.
      >
      > We at the Buddhist Peace Fellowship are putting
      > together a SURPRISE booklet for Alan Senake who is stepping
      > down from his position as executive director of BPF at the
      > end of this month. We want to offer him a collection of
      > written expressions of appreciation for himself, his
      > leadership in socially-engaged Buddhism and as executive
      > director of BPF over the last ten years. Since you have
      > known Alan in these capacities we would welcome your
      > participation.
      >
      > Length is not important. You may write something quite
      > short or something longer, in any form (prose, poetry ??) or
      > mood that you fancy. One possibility is to include some
      > specific way the two of you worked or interacted together
      > during this time. This is only a suggestion, the important
      > thing is that he hears that he has touched us during these
      > years.
      >
      > Please e-mail me your written contribution BY
      > SATURDAY, JANUARY 5.
      > Working on a Mac computer, I often have a difficult time
      > opening attachments in a way that maintains the original
      > formatting. I ask that if you do send an attachment, you
      > send the text in the body of the e-mail as well.
      >
      > Many thanks,
      >
      > Sheridan Adams, BPF board member
      > e-mail: metta@...
    • ARKAR THAINURAK
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 26, 2001

        Dear Fujimori,

        Thank you very much for your message about Alan. Myself and all of Our Pa.O people on the border areas were very grateful to Mr.Alan and his BPF because of continous humanitarian assistances to our poor people.I will probably write alonger note later because today I am a bit hurry to travel to Mae Sot for a Meeting.

        Yours Truly,

        Hkun Okker