A Response to the ill-named "BuddhaBar"

  • K V Soon
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2000
      To:
      Mr Simon Lim (via fax)
      Buddhabar Pte. Ltd.
      207, River Valley Road
      #01-53/55, UE Square
      Singapore 238275
      Tel: 7320937
      Fax: 7364783

      The Registrar
      Registry of Companies and Businesses
      10, Anson Road
      #05-01/15, International Plaza
      Singapore 079903
      Fax: 2251676
      Email: rcb_feedback@...

      To all who may be concerned:

      It being me a deep concern to know that an disrespectful attitude towards
      religion is openly conducted in Singapore.

      The manner and the rational of such an act not only show utter disrespect to
      the Buddhist community. Having the Buddha's associated to the an
      organization of liquor-sell is the exact opposite and against one of the
      basic tenets of Buddhist teachings. Furthermore having to display some of
      images most sacred in the Buddhist tradition in a very disrespectful way is
      not appropriate even to the extent of disgusting.

      As a Buddhist, I strongly urge you to out an immediate stop in associating
      Buddhist representation in your business.

      I also call upon the Registrar of Companies of Singapore to take action to
      stop this company from further promoting their business interest using the
      Buddhist most scared representations .

      I trust our principles and belief will be respected.

      Metta,
      Vidya K V Soon
      Malaysia