[ineb] Re: Lunpini

  • Santikaro Bhikkhu
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2000
      Suzuki Ryowa wrote:

      ### Good to have word from you.

      > Some years ago, we heard the appeal of the Lunpini Development by Japan
      > Buddhist Federation, from Ms Stella at INEB conference. So, we visited Lunpini
      > and reported the situation of Lunpini in Japan.
      > We want to examine with our friends what can we do.
      > We would like to ask for some clarifications on big Nepali-Japanese Buddhist
      > Commercialization project and the plight of Muslim villagers etc.

      ### I can't provide much information. I have only heard bits & pieces, such as
      from Paula & her husband Jim. Concerning Lumpini, we will have to depend on
      information from Stella & Parshu.

      My fear is that similar things are going on in both Lumpini & Bodhgaya
      (about which I know somewhat more), altho the commercialization is much more
      advanced in Bodhgaya, where the poor farmers are losing the land on which they
      sharecrop to the construction of hotels & Buddhist monuments.

      Btw, I will be visiting Japan for a few days around April 7 - 10.

      Be cool ;-)

      Dhamma * Metta * Santi
      Santikaro Bhikkhu
      email: santikaro@...
      website: http://www.suanmokkh.org
      new stuff: www.suanmokkh.org/archive/whatnew.htm
      ...... now wandering ... back to Siam April 11th ........
      << whereabouts: www.suanmokkh.org/skb2000.htm >>