348Re: Holly

  • Anthony Walker
    Mar 2, 2003

      Dear Yoons,

      I am writing back too. I assume you`ve also seen Jim`s wonderful HOW COULD YOU? Please send it to all your friends, as a tribute to Holly. Jim is wonderful in the work he does, in his sensitivity and in his writing. Have you a copy of PIECES OF MY HEART? We are all attempting to get some action on the part of the Korean and other E. Asian govts. with regard to the daily torture of dogs in those countries (www.koreananimals.org) I am dismayed by the silence of the Buddhist clergy & other Buddhist representatives, who are holding a big conference on Buddhism in Korea in July of this year.

      Best wishes,

      Anthony Walker.

       "yoons_choi <yoons_choi@...>" <yoons_choi@...> wrote:

      Dear Jim,

      thanks for the beautiful story. (I saw your message in the animal_net)
      It is a very moving piece of writing. Holly was a very lucky dog to
      have you just as we are lucky to have our dogs. My dog is nearly
      fifteen and she did change my life so much. I know one day I will
      have to say goodbye to her. And it will never be easy when the time
      comes. Unfortunately the time comes often too quickly for us but in a
      sense that it is a blessing that we have a longer life span than our
      dogs. I hope Holly will be remembered with happiness in your heart
      whenever you think of her.

      Thanks for your wonderful work. I will distribute the link and the
      story to the egroups I belong. She will have a special place in my
      heart too.

      kind wishes,

      Yoon

      BOYCOTT KOREA AND OTHER EAST ASIAN STATES! THOUSANDS OF DOGS PER DAY HUNG UP AND BEATEN ALIVE WITH CLUBS, BLOWTORCHED TO MAXIMISE AGONY, ALL IN THE NAME OF "TRADITION". CATS FLUNG SCREAMING ALIVE INTO BOILING WATER. BUDDHIST CLERGY STAY SILENT WHILST THEIR LAITY TORTURE ANIMALS, MORE THAN ANYWHERE ELSE, IN UNSPEAKABLE WAYS, EVERY DAY!

      See: www.koreananimals.org

      Do you Yahoo!?