      A Live Chat has been scheduled on the

      "How did you decide to practice your particular type
      of Buddhism?"

      Wednesday, June 7, 2000
      01:00 GMT, 5:00pm Pacific, 6:00pm Mountain, 7:00pm Central,
      8:00pm Eastern

      The BuddhistChat group is a nonsectarian forum for supportive conversation
      between Buddhists about topics of mutual interest that arise in our daily
      lives. We do this using the egroups CHAT function. Chat topics, dates, and
      times such as the above, are proposed by members who have an interest in
      conversing with other Buddhists interested in the subject. The orientation
      is practical and conversational, not theoretical, didactic or debate
      oriented. The goal of the group is to generate helpful, respectful dialogue.
      BuddhistChat is a peer group in the sense that conversations are not led by
      credentialed teachers as happens in some other forums. Any member can
      propose a chat. Unlike most lists at egroups.com, the emphasis is ON-LINE
      CHATTING rather than e-mail message exchange. List messages serve only to
      arrive at mutually agreed upon topics and to schedule chat sessions. You are
      very welcome to join us for the above or any other chat. If you are not
      already a BuddhistChat member, you can join the group at: