Ultimate for kids?

  • Kent D. Withrow
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2012

      Indy Ultimateers, question for anyone here.  Does anyone have suggestions for good opportunities for kids to learn/play Ultimate?

      Specifically, I’m looking for my son, who is currently 9 and in 3rd grade.  He likes to throw (backhand only, so far, but with either hand!) and more-or-less-sort-of understands the rules of the game, but anything like Riverside pickup would be overwhelming (for a few more short years, anyway, when he’s 17 and I’m pushing 50).  Are there any organized games (casual or otherwise) anywhere in the area, below the high school level?  Northside/Carmel/Hamilton County would really be ideal…

      Thanks,

      KW

    • Rich Murphy
      Message 2 of 3 , May 18, 2012
        Park Tudor School is offering a one hour class June 11-14, 11AM-Noon. $50. Grade 6-8.
        http://www.flipdocs.com/showbook.aspx?ID=10000276_970517 Summer Program Catalog, Page 26

        Message 3 of 3 , May 21, 2012
          Some of the pickup games around town could be appropriate. Check out http://indyultimate.org/pickup for some games near you. I'm thinking maybe the Broad Ripple Park game? The downtown one is normally pretty laid-back. If you find some other games, let me know!

          Anthony