Re: YouTube - LCTR Flint Ridge Dual Sport - 2

  • i4bikes845
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2011
      Yes it was a great ride. I was worried about the weather but after driving a hour + the rain all but stopped. We had light rain all morning and sun after lunch. Traction was very good and it was much cooler than last.

      --- In indyriders@yahoogroups.com, adrian luntzel <ALJEN01@...> wrote:

      > I rode this event with two friends last Sunday, (Flint Ridge DS) in Brownsville, Ohio. This event has the best trails, it is on 35 private landowners and only gets ridden once a year. This particular piece of property on this video is one I remember from last year and was anxious to ride it again this year. It is all on one guys land , notice big lake on right and house in background just a gorgeous place..these are all his snowmobile trails and his hunting cabins in the woods..just fabulous riding in Southern Ohio. The Bootleg DS is coming up in a few weeks at Zanesville, another super event. Will post another vid of an "enduro loop" from Sundays ride. Al L.
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg_qIJjRhd8

    • adrian luntzel
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2011
        I too was concerned about the weather as I heard in Indiana there were spots that got 5" of rain Saturday night.  The  Zanesville Club (ZTR) is having their DS on July 17, and they have the "Caveman Challenge", an optional part with about 4 short  sections/obstacles that if completed you get the "Caveman Tee Shirt"...  Kind of a "MinI Ertzberg"..  The ZTR club is putting on the NEPG National Enduro in August but their DS is in a totally different area.. thats' nice to have that much land available.
        On Jul 1, 2011, at 12:15 PM, i4bikes845 wrote:

        Yes it was a great ride. I was worried about the weather but after driving a hour + the rain all but stopped. We had light rain all morning and sun after lunch. Traction was very good and it was much cooler than last.

        --- In indyriders@yahoogroups.com, adrian luntzel <ALJEN01@...> wrote:

        > I rode this event with two friends last Sunday, (Flint Ridge DS) in Brownsville, Ohio. This event has the best trails, it is on 35 private landowners and only gets ridden once a year. This particular piece of property on this video is one I remember from last year and was anxious to ride it again this year. It is all on one guys land , notice big lake on right and house in background just a gorgeous place..these are all his snowmobile trails and his hunting cabins in the woods..just fabulous riding in Southern Ohio. The Bootleg DS is coming up in a few weeks at Zanesville, another super event. Will post another vid of an "enduro loop" from Sundays ride. Al L.
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg_qIJjRhd8

      • CHARLES CARTER
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2011
          Hey gang! I'd be interested in riding some enduros, but it's only been +30 years since my last one!

          I have a 1993 Honda XR250L (street legal, with knobbies) and was wondering where to read the rules, what are the rules, classes, locations, times, and can we make this on one gas stop (2 gallon tank).

          Any hints, tips, tricks are appreciated.....I have been doing some vintage MX racing but would like to do an enduro or two, just for old memories!

          Thanks!.....chuck in Indy

            I rode this event with two friends last Sunday, (Flint Ridge DS) in Brownsville, Ohio.  This event has the best trails, it is on 35 private landowners and only gets ridden once a year. This particular piece of property on this video is one I remember from last year and was anxious to ride it again this year.  It is all on one guys land , notice big lake on right and house in background just a gorgeous place..these are all his snowmobile trails and his hunting cabins in the woods..just fabulous riding in Southern Ohio.  The Bootleg DS is coming up in a few weeks at Zanesville, another super event. Will post another vid of an "enduro loop" from Sundays ride.  Al L.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg_qIJjRhd8

        • Plasticformer
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2011

            Chuck,

            You're timing is good. There are several family enduros coming up. Plus many dual sports perfect for your bike

            Craig
            Sent from my iPhone