Indy Folk Series: David Mallett April 21

  • Dan Henkel
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 7:25 AM
      Fellow Lovers of Great Music:

      If you know the music of David Mallett , then you know why fans in several states are planning to come to the Indy Folk Series on Saturday, April 21.  If you know only David's timeless Garden Song ("Inch by inch, row by row"), then hear more at http://www.davidmallett.com/content.aspx?page=music .  You'll want to join us for sure--this is one not to be missed.

      Pete Seeger and Allison Krauss are among those who perform his songs, but this time we have David Mallett himself, with a rich baritone voice singing well-crafted, evocative and clever songs.  I could go on and on . . .

      Here's the scoop:

      David Mallett  at Indy Folk Series
      Saturday, April 21, 7 - 9 pm (HINT: Be there early!)
      UUI (Unitarian Universalist Church of Indianapolis )
      615 West 43rd St. (Just south of Butler University)
      Map   at www.uui.org
      $15 (no advance sales)
      Free child care
      Coffee, snacks and wine available
      www.davidmallett.com
      www.indyfolkseries.com

      Those of you who heard Kara Barnard  got a real treat (one of my favorites ever at the IFS).  Kara wowed us with multi-instrumental virtuosity and brought dulcimer virtuoso (really!) Jon Kay.  I'm a huge fan of both of theirs now, and I can't wait to visit Kara's new shop in Nashville, Indiana (Weed Patch Music, next to the courthouse.)

      THANK YOU for supporting live acoustic music.  The IFS mail list has been growing, so we know we're connecting with people who treasure the whole gamut of acoustic and folk music.  Tell your friends to sign up at www.indyfolkseries.com

      See you April 21, music lovers!
         dh
      Dan Henkel
      Impresario and Trophy Husband