Indy Folk Series Saturday: L'Esprit Creole

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2012

      I hope you're enjoying the spring weather, music lovers -- it's as warm as a bayou breeze and as tasty as a gumbo of rich musical traditions. And wait 'til you hear about next Saturday's season closer!

      It's Creole; it's Zydeco; it's music from Louisiana that is energetically alive thanks to young practitioners who learned it directly from the old-timers.

      Indy Folk Series Presents Dennis Stroughmatt & L'Esprit Creole
       These young artists channel lively, soulful, irresistable fiddle styles learned from masters in Louisiana, Missouri and Illinois. Enjoy this blend of Celtic, Canadian and Old Time sounds. Vive la musique!

      7-9 p.m. Saturday, May 12
      UUI (Unitarian Universalist Church of Indianapolis)
      $10 (12 and under free; students $5 with valid ID)

      Coffee, snacks and wine available--and highly recommended.
      (Bring a snack or beverage to share, if you like.
      See you then, music lovers. Thanks for supporting acoustic music!

         dh
      Dan Henkel
      Impresario and Trophy Husband
      "Serving the World Since 1951" (Celebrating six decades of service)
      Join the conversation on Facebook