Ocean Observing Systems: From Your Eyes to Satellites

  • safran yusri
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2011
      COSEE-West Presents: Free 3-week online workshop
      ...Considering 95% of the ocean is UNSEEN by human eyes...
      ...This workshop helps shed some light on WATCHING THE OCEANS,
      to expand our horizons and increase our knowledge about them.
      Ocean Observing Systems: From Your Eyes to Satellites
      Oct. 31-Nov. 18, 2011
      http://www.coexploration.org/cosee_west/fall2011

      Presentations include:
      ---"Coastal Ocean Observing Systems - An Eye on the Ocean"
      by Dr. Burt Jones

      ---"Tracing Invisible Patterns: Water Quality and Harmful Algal Blooms"
      by Dr. Rebecca Shipe and Dr. Anita Leinweber

      ---"How satellites have revolutionized our understanding of the Earth: From Benjamin Franklin to Aquarius"
      by Dr. Jorge Vazquez

      ---Also, there will be 2 special live interactive sessions!
      More details: http://www.coexploration.org/cosee_west/fall2011

      The professional development event is designed especially for educators, with resources for classroom teachers and informal educators. This online workshop is FREE and available 24-7. Log on anytime to see the lectures, investigate the resources, ask questions, and try out activities. Each week we will post a new presentation and resources, and you can join discussions throughout the workshop.

      More information, registration, and log-in page:
      http://www.coexploration.org/cosee_west/fall2011
      COSEE-West Online Workshop Team

      Safran Yusri
      Green web, cheap hosting