Re: New to Forum -- Anyone in Virginia?

  • Lyra Jubb
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 15, 2005
      Aloha Lorie,

      It is a shame that the public school system is so
      intolerant of individuality. But that is partially
      because that is the way that they are set up. Drill
      'em, conform them and turn them into the world ready
      to be a worker. When I was young I went through the
      Montessori program in Monterrey. For a year and a
      half anyway. There are some really good things about
      the program.

      My son, Quinn, is two now and is reciting books that
      we have read, out of the blue. We have been working
      with some people to put together a school for the
      gifted children here on the East Coast. Things have,
      unfortunately, taken a turn for the worse. It is not
      easy finding others whose integrity and honesty is
      real.

      The one thing that I remember from the Montessori
      curriculum is that we did observe Christian holidays
      and not other religious celebrations. I also believe
      that it is important that technology not be forsaken
      for the bad that it is often used for. This is my
      personal opinion.

      We started allowing Quinn to work on the computer when
      he was one and he can now navigate through Sesame
      Street by himself with ease. His personal relation
      skills are amazing and he is extremely independent.
      He always wants to play and meet people. The thing is
      that he is able to kick a ball better than some of the
      7 year olds here. I know that the older that he gets
      the more it will seem that he can't relate with
      children his own age who are involved in the public
      education here.

      There is a need for education reform of the kind never
      seen before. The curriculum and focus needs to shift.
      One of the things that we wish to integrate into our
      school program is the connection between the spiritual
      and physical worlds through all of the learning
      process.

      I hope that your move is successful and that you find
      the support and schooling appropriate for Audry.

      Peace, Love and Light.
      Lyra

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
    • Simone
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 16, 2005
        Hi Lorie

        Well, I hope your daughter finds a more open attitude in her new
        school : )

        My second daughter only turned five in March, yet started her first
        school year in January (the trend now is to hold kids back until they
        are five or six, so starting school at 4 (even if only a few months
        shy of 5) is quite unusual now and also means that she is in the same
        class with some six year olds). She was already 'in trouble' early in
        the second term of school for telling the PE teacher that he
        "shouldn't talk to Preps like that" (he had told them to do something
        obviously a bit beyond their abilities as 5 yo's). She was so upset
        that she was kept back at lunchtime - she just couldn't understand why
        she was in the wrong in what she said. She is only just starting to
        understand that even if the adult is 'wrong' she still needs to speak
        to them with respect.

        Have you tried meditation with your daughter? She is obviously a
        highly intelligent and gifted child. However she sounds much like my
        daughter (I have an older daughter, seven, who is crystal, so having
        an Indigo has been a bit of a shock coming after a crystal. But then
        I'm an Indigo as well (and as others like to remind me - "She is so
        much like you" with a smirk as they see me getting my own back).
        Being centred in herself will help. Crystals help also - some kids
        like physical things they can 'project' onto or that can offer them a
        form of protection (I also often surround my daughters with a circle
        of white light before they go to school which protects them from
        negative energy but still 'lets in' positive energy).

        I find that my daughter can easily get into fits of anger, but she is
        also quickly out of them. The problem is with other people (eg
        teachers) bcs they don't know how to manage it and can think one is
        'soft' bcs they think our level of discipline doesn't match the
        behaviour. Well obviously their level of UNDERSTANDING doesn't match
        the behaviour (having said that, I am quite strict and have very
        obvious tolerances and intolerances for my children's behaviour).

        At the beginning of the school year I actually gave my daughter's
        teacher a copy of the Indigo Children book. She really appreciated
        it. I know she read it. I don't know how much she agreed with, but
        even if she just takes on board 5% and starts to view my daughter in a
        slightly different light (not to mention other children) then I am
        pleased.

        If your daughter is traumatised I would suggest seeking some help in
        regards to this. She could quite easily carry some of those feelings
        and prejudices over into her new school environment. And even if it
        is a Montessori or Waldorf, she may already have some 'blocks' up.

        If you can, I suggest trying a Journey therapist (Book: Journey for
        Kids, by Brandon Bays and www.thejourney.com).

        Namaste
        Simone

      • lbb116
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 17, 2005
          Hi. Simone...

          Boy do we have crystals!!! After trying to start her own collection by
          appropriating some of mine, she is finally has a collection of her own.

          A while back, I was hanging around the Abundance of Light Center
          Board and Alyssa created a macro espc. for Aubrey to help her with
          controling her frustration and anger at school. It helped for a
          while, but things gradually got worse at school. It seemed the kids
          in class started using Aubrey as the scape goat for stuff she didn't
          even do and guess who her teacher believed? Of course, Aubrey didn't
          help matters by fibbing when she actually got caught doing stuff.

          We have a meditation cd that I bought a while ago for kids, it would
          probably be a good idea to get it out again. She likes to listen to
          music while she sleeps. The other night, she was so wound up and
          couldn't sleep and I was really tired and on my last nerve. I had her
          close her eyes while I sent energy to her chakras and asked her what
          colors she saw. While I was doing this, I also sent her reiki. With
          in 10 minutes, she was ready to roll over and go to sleep.

          Right now, I've pretty much banned chocolate from the house and most
          cookies. Today, around noon, I was hungry and asked her if she was
          ready for lunch. While I was getting her lunch ready she wanted to
          finish up her fairy calendar cards she was making, and I noticed she
          was trembling a little -- a sure sign of blood sugar out of wack.
          So, in addition to her vitamins, I'm adding some chromimum picolinate,
          and I'm going to have to get some more sugar out of her diet. Her
          beloved pbj for breakfast (natural pb, and all fruit spread -- no xtra
          sugar) may have to be accompanied by a bit of protein.

          Aubrey is extremely psychic. She has attracted several fairies who
          have taken up residence with us, more seem to move in as time goes
          on. I occasionally see small colored lights for brief moments when
          I'm not focusing or thinking of anything. She not only sees their
          light but can see the fairy too. She can describe the hair, dress,
          wings etc. She even talks to them. Yesterday, just for kicks, I
          handed her some of my small crystals to hold while she closed her
          eyes. I asked her to tell me what she saw. In the crystals that had
          been cleared, she saw colored "fairy lights" and in one uncleared
          crystal, she saw a man walking his dog.

          This past spring when we started using the special macro, her guardian
          angle began appearing to her. Aubrey says shes full size (about 5
          feet) and has feathery wings.

          I think I'll start a food diary for her and track her good days and
          bad days. I think getting the extra sugar out of her diet will help
          and when she sees the correlation, I think she'll be more willing to
          I think the chromium will help alot too. I don't keep a lot of junk in
          the house and she only gets the occasional soda when we go to Taco
          Bell. Otherwise, she drinks water and juice. But she's always going
          to have a temper (did I mention she's a Scorpio), and it's going to
          take her a while to learn what works for her to keep it in check.

          Thanks for the ideas and I'll check out the web site.

          Lorie

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 17, 2005
            >She loves fruits, yogurt, cheese and nuts.
            >I think the chromium will help alot too. I don't keep a lot of junk in
            >the house and she only gets the occasional soda when we go to Taco
            >Bell. Otherwise, she drinks water and juice. But she's always going
            >to have a temper (did I mention she's a Scorpio), and it's going to
            >take her a while to learn what works for her to keep it in check.
            >
            >Lorie

            I suggest yogurt and cheese made from raw milk. (not pastuerized or
            homogenized.)
            http://www.realmilk.com
            Organic is better than the kind that may have Monsanto's insane bovine
            growth hormone.
            Some cancers have increased at the same rate as the use of this
            frankenchemical.
            But much better than organic is grass-fed as the fatty-acid ratio is much
            better than grain-fed.
            And Organic can still mean confinement rather than pastures for the animals.
            Expensive, but way worth it if you afford it . . . you can order from
            http://organicpastures.com/
            if you can't find it elsewhere.

            I think berries are the best fruits.
            Getting a juicer to juice your own leaves the very important enzymes intact.
            Vine-ripened is far superior to picked green.
            But juices -- are mainly pure sugar and send me on a sugar high.

            And hope the nuts shes eats are raw, not roasted --
            again for the enzymes to stay intact.

            Don't forget the good fats --
            raw dairy cream (check labels for unnecessary additives)
            butter, flax and fish oils.

            Infinite love is who we are,
            Karen