Re: The Indigo Network

  • kdjpca
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2002
      > Submitting: Please include a...
      > Two paragraph description of your program
      > SPECIFIC examples of successful activities
      > Goals for future programs
      > Location (state and city)
      > Email, Contact name, Phone number if available
      > Website address if available
      >
      > Thank you, Sarah Wood

      Sarah,
      I want to take a moment to introduce you to our organization,
      Culture's Edge, a non-profit educational group based at Earthaven
      Ecovillage <earthave.org> in Western North Carolina (Black Mountain).
      I will paste our mission statement below. We envision the kind of
      world Indigo People would like to live in, and we are manifesting
      that world in the reality we create around us. You can view our
      schedule of courses and events at
      <http://earthaven.org/culture/edge.htm> Though we are a young
      community (6 years) we are linked to thousands of ecovillages around
      the planet. Our members are presently seeking an experienced teacher
      (or couple with or without children) with a background in Waldorf, or
      student-directed learning. Meanwhile we home school and offer
      continuing education for Indigos of all ages.
      Keith Johnson
      keith@...

      Mission Statement
      Culture's Edge is a not-for-profit charitable corporation dedicated
      to support, demonstrate and catalyze the development of healthy,
      sustainable and regenerative culture. At the core of this mission is
      the creation of responsible relationships within and among the human
      and natural communities through research, education and application
      of appropriate traditional and innovative tools, skills and practices.

      Goals

      An important component of the future programming of Culture's Edge is
      the successful development of Earthaven as a living demonstration
      ecovillage which models the objectives stated in our mission. Five
      principals will guide our programming:

      1) to train people in permacultural (see <permacultureactivist.net>)
      and ecovillage (see <ecovillages.org>)life skills that empower
      individuals and communities to take control of their common future;

      2) to research, implement, and demonstrate appropriate technologies
      and land stewardship practices that sustain both people and the
      earth;

      3) to build a bioregionally based culture that meets people's basic
      needs for clean air and water, abundant wholesome food, shelter,
      artistic expression, clothing, energy, fulfilling work, healing,
      healthy families and community;

      4) to connect with, build and support an active global network of
      permaculture and ecovillage students and practitioners;

      5) to serve as a center located at Earthaven Village for education,
      healing and the empowerment of individuals and communities.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2004

        >www.indigonetwork.org

        Seasilver--Trust Mother Nature--Try a Bottle Today--FIRST BOTTLE FREE!!!
        http://www.seasilver.com/karen_eck

        Karen Eck http://www.karen-eck.com Support groups for Indigo Parents and
        Children

        MiraculeWater Inc. http://miraculewater.com
        Transform and enhance ordinary tap water in over 20 ways!