announcement

  • c_bryant@worldnet.att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12 8:42 AM
      As many of you already know, there is a group in Orlando, FL
      working on a new type of school. We are designing a school that will
      meet the needs of ALL children, Indigos and others. The name of our
      school is Indigo Waters Private School. We are incorporated now with
      the state and have applied for our non-profit status (finally!!!).
      Now we are turning our attention to the "fun" stuff- developing and
      opening our school!
      We would like to invite you to attend a symposium about our
      school on Saturday, Aug. 18th at 2 PM in the greater Orlando area.
      If you would like directions, please call me at 407-628-5417. If I'm
      not here (I go back to work as a teacher in public schools tomorrow!),
      leave your name and number on my answering machine.
      I am including below a little info from our brochure (still a
      work in progress) to tell you more about our school (please scroll
      down). If you would like to get on our mailing list or discuss the
      possibility of opening Indigo Waters schools in other areas, please
      give me a call.

      Peace and Light,
      Carol Bryant
      Curriculum Developer
      Indigo Waters Private School, Inc.

      The Mission
      Our mission is to empower children to discover their innate wisdom
      and celebrate their own truth and awareness. They will acquire skills
      that enable them to communicate with others honestly and work with joy
      in a diverse and dynamic community. When children learn how to think,
      not what to think, they assume responsibility for their own learning.
      The Vision
      The school will nurture the children's natural curiosity so that
      their experiences will be fun, exciting and challenging. Children will
      be empowered as they explore, expand and express their creativity and
      spirituality. The school will foster positive parent child
      relationships.
      What makes Indigo Waters School different?
      We believe the purpose of education is to assist children in
      discovering, exploring, and expanding their innate wisdom and sense
      of connection to universal truth. As children develop their awareness
      of the world around them, they begin to create their own individual
      identity and their self-esteem naturally blossoms. Education must
      encompass the mind, the body, and the spirit of the child. They will
      acquire skills that enable them to communicate with others honestly
      and work with joy in a diverse and dynamic community. Children should
      be mentored, not taught, so that they learn how to think for
      themselves rather than to rely on accumulated knowledge assembled by
      others. When children are placed in a loving, secure, stimulating
      environment they will discover their own wisdom.
    • Dorene Graham
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 17 11:51 AM
        Hi Carol!

        This is wonderful news! Congratulations for making it so far on your
        journey. I will use you as inspiration. Though we incorporated in March, we
        are still wrestling with our business plan and budget. The application for
        tax exemption is only lacking our budget projections for the next two years.
        We've set a Sept. 1 deadline to have it all done. We just all have such full
        schedules...

        I wish I were closer to Orlando. I'd love to attend your symposium.

        Blessings,
        Dorene