"The World I Want"

  • Hilary Collins
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2001
      Hello,
      I am passing on an opportunity for children to change the world through their action of sharing their dreams of a better one. Please exercise your voice and pass this announcement around your circles and on to the children in your world.
      We are building the bridge, one rock at a time.
      Hilary
      P.S. Carolyn, thanks so much for your thoughtful insights!
      The current "ICARE" initiative is aimed at producing a book titled "The World I Want", which is a compilation of stories from children, youth and young adults [up to age 21] of their view of the world as they want it to be. There are no restrictions on the form this description should take; here are three examples: -
      (1) as a simple list of what they want, (2) as a poem, (3) as a story of a trip from 'this world' to the one they want.

      Your help is requested in inviting children, youth and young adults to send us their vision of their world. This is the "brief"

      "The World I Want"

      The world I experience is not my world - it is a world created by adults, who decide what can be done, how it is done and often why it is done. This is their world not mine. My world is very different; it is as I want it to be for me now, in the future, and for my children. Here is a description of "My World".

      Send "submissions" to

      PeteMidd@...

      Authors should please include details of age, sex, nationality and, if they wish, their name.

      There is no deadline, but the submissions are being compiled now. We cannot guarantee to include all submissions and retain the right to make this choice. Each book entry will be acknowledged, and each submission is received with heartfelt thanks.

      All revenue from sales of books will go to the development of ICARE

      [a not for profit organization].

      Please forward these details on to anyone or any organization that you feel may be interested. Also let them know that a brief introduction to ICARE can be found at http://www.soulutions.co.uk/ICARE/index.htm where details are kindly hosted by Soul Ltd on their web-site.

      "Laugh a little, and the little laugh too. It's great for the kids, when most adults feel blue.

      Kids see it so simply, they see it so true. When the adults laugh, kids know that's the real you."

      Take care, laugh a lot,

      Namasté.

      Pete Middleton.

      Nr.York, England