ICARE

  • Hilary Collins
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2001
      Hello,
      I am copying a portion of the newsletter here regarding children at the top and including Joel's entire piece at the bottom...And the circle is growing larger.....
      Hilary

      ** Internationally Children Are Reforming Everything

      I.C.A.R.E. [Internationally Children Are Reforming Everything] is an organization that intends to give children and youth a voice for the creation of their own future. From their input will come the designs from which our education, our family environments and ultimately our business and political environments will evolve.

      This is an invitation to children, youth and young adults to share their view of the world as they want it to be. The intention is to produce a book "The World I Want" of a compilation of some of the descriptions received. For more details e-mail PeteMidd@...

      ICARE - www.soulutions.co.uk/ICARE/index.htm

      ONN-News / July #2, 2001
        Online Noetic Network
        Wisdomtalk via Email
      http://www.wisdomtalk.org

        Online Noetic Network (ONN) is a member group and publication
        about living consciously and building a world based on wisdom.
      Please copy and resend this email to your friends.

      ONN-NEWS
      -- ONN's free mailing list
        - Short writings about conscious living.
        - To unsubscribe, see the bottom of this email.
      ONN-WISDOM --
      ONN's member publication
        - Articles about the full range of noetic topics; supports ONN-News
        - To join ONN, visit the ONN website - http://www.wisdomtalk.org - Press *Join ONN*
        - ONN membership is $33 per year / New Members receive 13 months / Renewals: $30
           - ONN publications are interactive for ONN members!

      ++ ++ ++ ++ ++
      NEWS ABOUT ONN

      ** ONN Membership Rate

      The discount membership rate was advertised as temporary ... and yes, it truly was.  The rate for ONN membership has returned to $33 per year.  Renewals are now $30. ONN is a nonprofit corporation and these contributions all ONN-News (this newsletter) to be published without charge.

      ++ ++ ++ ++ ++
      FROM ONN-WISDOM

      ONN-Wisdom is ONN's publication for members.  Here is an excerpt from *The Chalice of Community*, published in ONN-Wisdom.  After this was published, our guest, Robert Kenny, exchanged email with ONN members.

      Robert Kenny is a fellow of the Fetzer Institute and a principal of Glover Kenny Associates, an organizational consulting firm that focuses upon creative, collaborative leadership.  Robert and I talked about creating and sustaining healthy communities and their collective wisdom.

        ** ONN Joel: I am in a large small town and I have a lot of social gatherings at my home.  It's not quite a community, since it isn't on-going and there is no established relationship between these people.  To bring it towards community, I suppose the next step is for it to evolve into something long lasting.

        ** Robert Kenny: Yes.  And that might just involve some of the folks who come over for the dinners.  There are levels to community building and development, depending on the depth of connection and commitment to each other's well-being that people feel and make, and what their shared purpose is.  In my neighborhood, we haven't yet had any discussions about people's spiritual practices, for example.  But in the spiritual practice group I belong to, that's very much what we talk about, and just about anything is on the table.  So the depth of community varies from situation to situation.

      I don't believe that the duration of a community is as important as the quality of its process and the meaningfulness and effectiveness of its purpose and tasks.  Some communities have difficulty recognizing that their purpose and tasks are over, so the focus becomes self-perpetuation, rather than service.

      By the way, one other thing about a healthy community is that it has semi-permeable boundaries.  Without that, a community can get isolated.  Its members can become insular and rigid in their way of thinking.  Creativity and growth begin to diminish.

        ** ONN Joel: You mean boundaries between the people in the community or between the community and the outside world?

        ** Robert Kenny: Both.  When those boundaries get too rigid, then it's very easy for the community to die off.

        ** ONN Joel: It changes into a cult.

        ** Robert Kenny: Exactly.  And that's a tricky thing.  When we're in a group or a community, we can see our own group as the be-all and end-all of existence, as a group that's special and better than others and that alone holds the truth.  Such thinking is a deadly trap, is a characteristic of cults, and is one of the roots of prejudice, bigotry and oppression.
      <<<

      ++ ++ ++ ++ ++
      RECENT PUBLICATIONS

      In recent weeks, ONN members received these articles in their ONN-Wisdom email:
        8-41 Global Consciousness Change, by Duane Elgin with Coleen LeDrew, part 1/2 7/25
        8-40 Letter to Members 7/5
        8-38,39 Evolving Profoundly: Interviewing Chris Bache (in 2 parts) 6/28, 7/2
        8-37 Cosmic Light: Subtle Energy in Human Senses and Powers, by Paul Von Ward 6/19
        8-36 Leadership Breakthrough, an announcement from Kay Gilley 6/13
        8-35 E's & Re's 6/11

      ++ ++ ++ ++ ++

         ** Publish your message to ONN's audience of 3500 cultural creatives.
         ** For more information about sponsorship, email to <onn-news-info@...>

        ** Internationally Children Are Reforming Everything

      I.C.A.R.E. [Internationally Children Are Reforming Everything] is an organization that intends to give children and youth a voice for the creation of their own future. From their input will come the designs from which our education, our family environments and ultimately our business and political environments will evolve.

      This is an invitation to children, youth and young adults to share their view of the world as they want it to be. The intention is to produce a book "The World I Want" of a compilation of some of the descriptions received. For more details e-mail PeteMidd@...

      ICARE - www.soulutions.co.uk/ICARE/index.htm

        ** Clairvoyant and Healing Abilities

      A new set of videos, CD, and book to provide specific techniques to develop clairvoyant and healing abilities by Gayle Kimball, Ph.D., teacher and clairvoyant.

          gkimball@...

       - CD includes meditation, goal setting, and gaining information from one's higher self. 50 minutes. Tracks. $12

       - Three Videos:
         -- 1) Essential Energy Tools.
                 Learn to Use Energy Tools to:
                 Get Centered, Have More Energy, Ground, Take Charge of Your Life, Achieve Your Goals

         -- 2) Energy Tools for Clairvoyance.
                 Increase Your Intuitive Abilities with a Meditation Technique
                 Take Specific Steps to Do Clairvoyant Readings and Clearings.

        --  3) Energy Tools for Wellness and Healing.
                 Aura Reading and Clearing
                 Chakra Reading and Clearing
                 Hands-On Healing
                 Meridian Clearing

      Each VHS around 55 minutes with many animated graphics and demonstrations.  (Shot on DV.)  $20 each.

       - Books: Gayle Kimball, Ph.D. Energy Tools: How to Develop Your Clairvoyant
      and Healing Abilities.  200 pages.  Illustrations. $25.

      Also, edited: Everything You Need to Know to Succeed After College. $15.

      ++ ++ ++ ++ ++
      ONLINE NOETIC NETWORK

      This message is sent to you by Online Noetic Network
      ONN is a nonprofit corporation, affiliated with the Institute of Noetic Sciences.
      All membership payments, donations, and sponsorships are tax deductible.
      For information about ONN, send email to: intro@...

      Your company can sponsor ONN and publish your message.
      For information, please reply to this address.

      Online Noetic Network has two weekly email publications:
      *ONN-News* (this email list) is our free mailing list:
      Read by 3500 recipients.
      Includes short essays, information about ONN, and excerpts from ONN-Wisdom.
      For information, send email to: onn-news-info@...
      *ONN-Wisdom* is ONN's member publication:
      Received by 450 recipients (ONN members only).
      Includes interviews, full-length feature articles, thoughts from ONN members,
      book excerpts, creative works, and more.  No ads.
      Frequent Q&A email exchange between ONN members and guests.
      Plus: email discussion groups, library of articles, member directory
      For information, send email to: info@...

      Subscribers' information and addresses are confidential
      and will not be given to any other organization.

      The entire contents of this email:
      Copyright 2001 Online Noetic Network, Inc. All rights reserved
      Coordinated by Joel Metzger, http://www.wisdomtalk.org/joel.html