(Fwd) ANGELS IN THE CLASSROOM

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2000
      From: SBSWhit@...
      Date sent: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 14:38:53 EST
      Subject: ANGELS IN THE CLASSROOM
      To: HPowell@..., KingEvad@..., mking106@...

      Well, it would appear that they can try to keep prayers out of
      the classroom, but there's not too much they can do about
      those Angels!
      This is a great story!
      Suzanne

      ANGELS IN THE CLASSROOM

      A pastor read a letter from an elementary school teacher who attends East
      Hill Church. The gist of the letter was as follows:

      Last school year, her classroom was made up of little third graders, every
      one of which came from either a single parent family, or a dysfunctional
      family, was undernourished and/or uncared for, lived in an abusive home and
      was either beaten, bruised, or raped by other family members; one little
      girl's dad died of aids, and the list goes on. Her heart bled for these
      kids.

      Before the '99-2000 school year started, she and her husband went to her
      classroom and prayed over each desk in the room. They prayed that God would
      place an angel behind each and every child throughout the coming year to
      watch over them and protect them. A month or so after the year had started,
      she gave the kids an assignment to write about what they would like to be
      when they grew up.

      Everybody was busy with his or her assignment, when "Andrew" raised his
      hand.

      When she asked him what he needed, he asked how to spell mighty."

      After telling him how to spell mighty, she asked him why he needed to know.
      Andrew said it was because when he grew up he wanted to be a "mighty man of
      God." When he said
      this, little "Mark" sitting next to him asked, "So, what's a mighty man of
      God?" The teacher, swallowing back her tears, and knowing she could not say
      anything in the classroom, told Andrew to go ahead and tell Mark what it
      was.

      So Andrew says, "It's a man who puts on the armor of God
      and is a soldier for God." After observing some conversation between
      Andrew and Mark, the teacher, with a lump in her throat, started to walk
      away when Andrew motioned with his little forefinger for her to come closer.

      He whispered to her, asking if she believed in angels. She
      told him yes, she did. Then he asked her if she thought people could see
      angels, and she said she thought some people probably could.

      Andrew said, "Well I can and I can see an angel standing behind every kid in
      this room . . . . . ."

      I don't think there was a dry eye in the church that night! We need to
      remember to pray for all of the teachers, that although there is no prayer
      in school, that they are dedicated enough to pray for the
      protection of God's angels over the lives of their students. Maybe it
      wouldn't hurt, even at work.

      -- Author Unknown

      If you still think Jesus is just an Historical Figure,
      -- that means you've never met him in Person.
      ~~~~~~~~We Have a Living Savior!~~~~~~~~~~~~~