Love Ahead... and lots of learning opportunities

  • Dr. Charlotte Reznick PhD
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2012

      Love Ahead:

      And lots of learning opportunities

      With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I think of this month as "love
      month." Self-love, loving each other - friends, siblings, parents, partners.
      I'm happy to share several of my articles on these subjects and will start you
      off with a paragraph or two to get you started.

      Valentine's Day: Everyone Deserves to Be Happy:

      What better way to help a child find happiness than to start within... being
      her own best friend. When your child has a best friend inside, she can be happy
      no matter what storms of life are outside. With a strong foundation of
      self-love and self-acceptance, kids learn to value their own company and
      integrity over just fitting in. They realize they can nurture and depend on

      Like six-year-old Chloe.... [2]Read more here.

      5 Tips to Turn the Tide: Parents and Kids Living Together Lovingly:

      Parents often complain to me about their kid's behavior. They are relieved but
      dumbfounded when others compliment them on their well-behaved children. "Why
      don't I ever see that kid?" they ask. If this sounds familiar, take heart. Your
      child's awful behavior is a sign of comfort, of trust in your love and
      consistency. He knows he can dish out the worst and you won't abandon him. You
      might chastise, punish, or yell, but you won't stop being his parents.

      Eleven-year-old Grace has always been a challenge... [3]Read more here.

      Time to Open Your Heart:

      Think about how you'd approach your family, your partner, even yourself if you
      took a little time to nurture YOU and allow your heart to open. How would your
      life be different? Better? More satisfying? Imagine where an open-heart could
      lead you. Where would you want it to?

      I'd like to share a short heart-centered and heart-opening meditation - good
      for the whole family.

      [4]Read more here.

      And finally...

      Appreciate Your Child Every Day:

      I've written about the Top Ten Things Kids Want and Need From Their Parents in
      The Power of Your Child's Imagination, although "appreciation" is not on their
      list. Kids often don't even realize it's importance. But you do. So let your
      children know at least one thing you appreciate about them - or are grateful
      for - each day. Perhaps it's your four-year-old's smile as she dresses herself
      proudly, or that your son still lets you hug him at age 12... anything that
      touches your heart. And by your example, they will learn to share what they
      appreciate as well. Some families like to keep a running list to look upon when
      the tough times come.

      Valentine's Day Gift Packs
      for Kids and Parents

      I'm thrilled to once again offer the gift of self-love and deep relaxation for
      Valentine's Day. If you order TODAY, I'll mail it tomorrow so you can receive
      your Special Gift in time for sharing with your loved ones.

      "I have to tell you that of all the children's meditation CDs I have heard,
      yours are the best. Your music background is great and your voice is wonderful
      too. Thanks for doing such a great job."

      Linda Damon PhD, Clinical Psychologist

      The Valentine Gift Pack for Kids - 25% Off
      [Basic Gift Pack contains 2+ CDs and a Heart Lovey - Your choice of wrapping]

      These indispensable CDs will empower your child with easy, effective, and
      creative skills for thriving in our challenging world - tapping into the
      positive power of their imagination and accessing their natural strength and
      wisdom. Chose the combination that works best for you. Each additional CD is
      also 25% off. An added bonus is the "Listen to your heart..." heart lovey.
      [5]Learn More and Order Here

      The Valentine Gift Pack for Parents - 25% Off
      [Book, CD, & Heart Lovey - Your choice of wrapping]

      Receive the LA Times bestselling book, The Power of Your Child's Imagination,
      offering nine tools to help your child achieve peace and happiness, along with
      the Cave of Great Wisdom CD. Especially designed for parent support, you'll be
      transported to a sanctuary of inner peace and reconnect with your own wisdom.
      As a bonus, the "Listen to your heart..." heart lovey is an added reminder to
      trust yourself.
      [If you'd like a signed personalized book inscription just send an email with
      your request.]
      [6]Learn More and Order Here.

      Upcoming Seminars not to be missed....

      TEDx Studio City ED:

      Self-Regulation + Technology + Education

      Saturday, March 3, 2012

      TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Started as a
      four-day conference in California 25 years ago, TED has grown to support those
      world-changing ideas with multiple initiatives. In the spirit of ideas worth
      spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people
      together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and
      live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small

      At TEDx Studio City Ed, the focus is on Self-Regulation, Technology, and
      Education. Children require strategies to self-soothe, calm themselves, and
      operate at an optimal level of arousal. Being in a calm steady state is
      required for success in school and in life. I'm thrilled to be part of a group
      of speakers from diverse disciplines who will come together to elucidate the
      latest advances in this area.

      Organized by Lee-Anne Gray, PsyD, featured speakers include Dan Siegel MD,
      Sandra Kaplan EdD, Venerable Tenzin Yignyen, Cheryl Arutt PsyD, Gwennyth
      Palofox PhD, Lewis Tachau, and Susan Kaiser Greenland.

      [8]Learn more about the presenters and request your invitation here.

      Creative Imagery With Children
      Tele-Seminar, April 18, 2012

      In this 90-minute tele-seminar, along with host Maggie Phillips PhD, we will
      make presentations and dialogue on key issues related to using Creative Imagery
      With Children. After the first 60 minutes, there will be a 30 minute live
      questions and answer session to provide a forum for your questions that are
      stimulated by the presentation. This will truly be an opportunity to "ask the
      experts." Study guide beforehand, and replay afterwards will be offered.

      [9]More info and sign up here.

      Great Parenting Show
      Tele-Seminar Series, Spring, 2012

      Top Parenting Experts share their secrets and offer lots of info and
      suggestions on how to make your life easier.. Series being formed now. I'll be
      leading the May 10th episode.

      [10]Sign up for info here.

      With love and light,

      Dr. Charlotte

      Featured Teachers

      Discover the Vedic Way to Your Life's Purpose

      Lissa Coffey

      Lissa Coffey, well known for her inspiring blend of ancient wisdom and modern
      style, brings us Vendanta's Four Yogas, and explores how each one can help us
      to define our unique purpose. What's Your Dharma? guides us on a journey of
      self-discovery, and shows us how to create a lifestyle we can express ourselves
      creatively and feel fulfilled.

      Deepak Chopra says, "An important part of our purpose in this life is to
      discover our purpose, and Lissa Coffey shows us how to do that in her beautiful
      new book, What's Your Dharma?".

      [11]Bonuses today with purpose

      About Dr. Charlotte Reznick
      Charlotte Reznick PhD specializes in helping children and adolescents develop
      the emotional skills necessary for a happy and successful life. She is a
      licensed educational psychologist and Associate Clinical Professor of
      Psychology at UCLA. Dr. Charlotte is the creator of Imagery For Kids^TM:
      Breakthrough for Learning, Creativity, and Empowerment and is the author/
      producer of several therapeutic CDs for children, teens, and parents. An
      international workshop leader on the healing power of children's imagination,
      she maintains a private practice in Los Angeles, California. Visit

      Go here to join in.....

      February 3
      Radio Interview (Podcast)
      Happy Healthy Families
      Host: Hannah Keeley
      [16](Link to Podcast)

      Feb. 21
      Workshop at School
      Westchester Parents
      Nursery School
      7:00 - 9:00 pm
      Westchester, CA.
      [17](Link to School)

      March 3
      Talk at Conference
      Blending Self-Regulation,
      Technology, & Education
      Bridges Academy
      Studio City, CA
      [18](Link to Conference)
      March 22-24
      Workshop at Conference
      Networker Symposium
      Creating a New Wisdom
      Omni Shoreham Hotel
      Washington, DC
      [20](Link to conference)

      April 18
      Creative Imagery With Children
      Host: Maggie Phillips PhDHost: Maggie Phillips PhDHost: Maggie Phillips, Ph.D.
      9:00-10:30 am (PST)
      12:00-1:30 pm (EST)
      ([21]Link for info & to register)

      May 3-6
      Workshop at Conference
      California Association
      of Marriage and
      Family Therapists
      Annual Conference
      Altogether Now:
      Diverse Faces of Mental Health
      The San Diego Marriott Mission Valley
      San Diego, CA
      [22](Link to Conference)

      May 10
      Great Parenting Show
      Tele-Conference Series
      Host: Jacqueline Green
      Stay tuned for details
      [23](Link for more info)

      L.A. Times best-selling [24]
      [25]The Power of Your Child's Imagination: How to Transform Stress and Anxiety
      into Joy and Success

      "A new treasure, Dr. Charlotte Reznick's new book on the power of the
      imagination for both children and adults has much to recommend it. Dr. Reznick
      has arranged the book in such a way that you can go directly to a specific area
      where you need some help such as When Pleasure Pains Your Brain, or I found
      that I could open the book at random and find a section that kept me reading
      for some time."

      Dr. Mary Alice Long, Play = Peace

      "What an inspiring speaker! Experienced and knowledgeable. Someone who knows
      what she is doing and who does it with generosity and warmth."

      Karin Ulfvengren

      Parent Seminar Coordinator, Paul Revere Middle School

      I'm passionate about helping kids develop self-love and learn self-healing
      techniques for life's challenges.

      So I'd be delighted to come to your school or organization - anywhere in the
      world. Let me share how Nine Imagination Tools can transform stress and anxiety
      into joy and success for the lives of the children and teens you care about.

      Emall me how I can best serve you and your group at

      Imagery For Kids | 11911 San Vicente Blvd. | Suite 240 - Brentwood | Los
      Angeles, CA 90049

      Counseling Services, Guided Imagery, and Meditation Training offered to clients
      living in: Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Beverly Hills,
      Beverly Glen, Culver City, Brentwood, Westwood, Marina Del Rey, Mar Vista,
      Encino, Sherman Oaks, Topanga Beach and Topanga Canyon, Ocean Park, Hancock
      Park, West Hollywood.

      Consultation, Workshops, Trainings and Speaking Offered Worldwide: U.S.,
      Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, Africa.

      All Content Copyright ©2010 Charlotte Reznick PhD, All rights reserved.

      1. http://www.imageryforkids.com/learnMore.html
      2. http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-power-imagination/201102/valentines-day-everyone-deserves-be-happy
      3. http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-power-imagination/201105/5-tips-turn-the-tide-parents-and-kids-living-together-lovingly
      4. http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-power-imagination/201109/time-open-your-heartto-your-kids
      5. http://www.imageryforkids.com/holidaySpecial.html
      6. http://www.imageryforkids.com/holidaySpecial.html
      7. http://tedxstudiocityed.com/event-details/
      8. http://tedxstudiocityed.com/presenters/
      9. http://www.maggiephillipsphd.com/courses_teleseminars_cr.html
      10. http://www.greatparentingshow.com/
      11. http://www.whatsyourdharma.com/promo/index.php%20
      12. http://www.imageryforkids.com/
      13. http://twitter.com/#!/ImageryForKids
      14. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=744618470
      15. http://www.linkedin.com/in/imageryforkids
      16. http://hannahkeeley.com/blog/wednesday-workshop-with-dr-charlotte-reznick
      17. http://www.wpns.org/
      18. http://tedxstudiocityed.com/presenters/
      19. http://tedxstudiocityed.com/about/
      20. http://www.psychotherapynetworker.org/symposium/symposium-2012
      21. http://www.maggiephillipsphd.com/courses_teleseminars_cr.html
      22. http://www.camft.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Conference_Link_1&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=9489
      23. http://www.greatparentingshow.com/
      24. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0399535071?ie=UTF8&tag=book-search-engine-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0399535071
      25. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0399535071?ie=UTF8&tag=book-search-engine-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0399535071

      This message was sent to indigo-schools@yahoogroups.com from:
      Imagery For Kids | 11911 San Vicente Blvd. Suite 240 - Brentwood | Los Angeles, CA 90049

      Manage Your Subscription:

      Send To a Friend: