Quick Tips for Sleep

  • Dr. Charlotte Reznick PhD
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2010
      If you are having trouble viewing this message, please go to http://community.icontact.com/p/wwwimageryforkids/newsletters/powerofyourchildsimagination/posts/quick-tips-for-sleep

      [1]

      DEAR COMMUNITY,

      Quick Tips For Sleep...

      Q: You say that sleep issues are a major concern for kids today. How can
      parents use imagination to help their children fall asleep quickly and easily?

      Parents ask me all the time about sleep problems.

      No matter how old a child is, trouble falling asleep is the most common
      complaint, followed by trouble staying asleep. 30 to 70 percent of kids have a
      sleep problem at some point. I'd like to share Sophie's story. You might
      recognize some of her issues in your child.

      Eight-year-old Sophie was exhausted and exasperated. When I met her, Sophie
      told me exactly what her problem was. She said, "I can't turn off my brain.
      Stuff keeps spilling out." She drew a picture of her life - dark, rainy, with
      no love. But when I asked her if she could imagine what her life would be like
      when she could turn off her brain and sleep easily, she transformed that
      picture. She imagined a land of Love with the sun shining and flowers growing.
      She said her crabbiness would be gone and she'd feel really happy and proud of
      herself.

      This simple spark of her imagination was the first step toward change. Then we
      took the actions to get there. The Imagination Tools that worked best for
      Sophie were...

      (1) The "Balloon Breath," breathing deeply into her tummy to calm herself.

      (2) Imagining a "Special Place" to fall asleep. She loved to imagine falling
      asleep peacefully while floating on a fluffy white cloud or in her favorite
      vacation place. She was lucky enough to go to Hawaii the year before and loved
      swinging on the hammock in front of her room.

      (3) Meeting a wise "Wizard" who gave her "Gifts." Sophie imagined a Harry
      Potter type teenage wizard dressed in a cool violet skirt and a hot pink blouse
      with a gold crown, who gave her magic berries that helped her body relax deeply
      and fall asleep. And her Wizard's wise advice to her was, "If you believe
      you're already sleeping, you'll be asleep in a minute."

      Of course, that was clearly coming from Sophie herself... which is the point.
      Your child has the wisdom and answers inside. All you have to do is choose
      which of the Nine Tools work best.

      Learn more about how you can help the child in your life develop the skills for
      sleep and other life challenges. [2]Order here and receive 80+ free
      downloadable gifts and discounts on CDs.

      *Stories based on The Power of Your Child's Imagination: How to Transform
      Stress and Anxiety into Joy and Success (Perigee/Penguin).

      Still Time to Register . . .
      Mindful Awarenss Research Center
      (MARC) Workshop at UCLA
      October 16 (1-5 pm)
      The Healing Power of
      Children's Imagination

      Please attend my heart-felt, rich visual, and experiential workshop, "The
      Healing Power of Children's Imagination: Nine Therapeutic Tools." It's a chance
      to share with like-minded professionals and parents and learn to help children
      transform their lives using the positive power of their imagination.

      Plus, you'll receive a copy of The Power of Your Child's Imagination: How to
      Transform Stress and Anxiety into Joy and Success (Perigee/Penguin).

      That, free crayons, and CEUs for BBS providers and Nurses... what more could
      you want??
      [3]For more info and to register

      Focus On...

      Climbing a Mountain of Success CD

      Give your child a boost to reach their goals and achieve success.

      Climbing a Mountain of Success CD: Empower your child with easy, effective, and
      creative skills for thriving in our challenging world. Tap into the positive
      power of your child's imagination and access their natural strength and
      resources to reach their goals and achieve success.This CD is especially
      powerful for ages 8-18

      [4]Listen to audio sample

      [5]Learn more and order here

      Imagery International loves this CD!

      "Charlotte is a captivating storyteller and this guided imagery CD is sure to
      be a success."

      Susan Ezra, RN, HN-BC

      [6]Read the full review

      Pleased to report more good news...

      Dr. Charlotte in October Parents Magazine

      Check out the article [7]"Discipline Across Two Households"

      pgs 52-56 (hint... [8]read last paragraph)

      With love and light,

      Featured Teachers

      Linda Joy
      "A Juicy, Joyful Life"

      In the new book, "A Juicy, Joyful LIfe," you'll meet 41 extraordinary women,
      from housewives to radio hosts; from coaches to healers - women who stepped
      forward to share their inspirational heart-felt stories and authentic truth
      with the collective intention of encouraging all women to embrace the truth
      that "where you've been does not define where you will go. You can create a new
      personal story filled with love, hope, and purpose.".

      [9]Get your copy today and receive 150+ free gifts.

      Stages of Life + Soul Movement
      Teleclass Series

      with Barbara J. Semple

      Stages of Life + Soul Movement is an intimate series of teleclasses presented
      by self-healing activiist and best selling author, Barbara J. Semple with very
      special guests. I'm pleased to be part of these amazing teleclasses. Beginning
      November 11th, Stages of Life brings you 11 experts and 12 classes of
      uncomplicated information as well as energy self help to nurture healing
      interaction with your own creative soul. I'll be a guest for Stage 3's class on
      Middle Childhood. And the renown Dr. Bernie Siegel will be a guest in the last
      class, Death and Dying. Oriental wisdom says that if the child is experiencing
      discomforts, care for the parent. Stages of Life will look at this in details.

      [10]Find out more here.

      About Dr. Charlotte Reznick
      Charlotte Reznick PhD specializes in helping children and adolescents develop
      the emotional skills necessary for a happy and successful life. She is a
      licensed educational psychologist and Associate Clinical Professor of
      Psychology at UCLA. Dr. Charlotte is the creator of Imagery For Kids^TM:
      Breakthrough for Learning, Creativity, and Empowerment and is the author/
      producer of several therapeutic CDs for children, teens, and parents. An
      international workshop leader on the healing power of children's imagination,
      she maintains a private practice in Los Angeles, California. Visit
      [11]www.ImageryForKids.com

      THE POWER OF YOUR CHILD'S IMAGINATION

      BOOK LAUNCH

      Oct. 4
      Radio Interview
      The Way of the Toddler Show
      KKNW 1150 AM & 98.9HD FM/ CBS Radio (Seattle)
      Host Leta Hamilton
      9:00-10:00 am (Pacific)
      [12](Link to show)

      Oct. 7
      Radio Interview
      Grandparenting Today
      WMKV 89.3FM (Cincinnati, OH)
      Host Sue Zimmerman
      10:30-11:00 am (East)
      1:30-2:00 pm (Pacific)
      [13](Link to show)

      Oct. 13
      Radio Interview
      Late Afternoons With Mike Schikman
      WSVA 550AM (VA)
      Host Mike Schikman
      12:10-12:20 pm (Pacific)
      3:10-3:20 pm (East)
      [14](Link to show)

      School Presentation
      Westwood Charter Elementary
      7:00-8:30 pm
      Westwood, CA

      Oct. 16
      Public Training & Workshop
      Mindful Awareness Research Center (MARC) at UCLA 1:00-5:00 pm
      CEUs available
      Phone: 310/206-7503[15]
      (To enroll)

      COMING IN 2011

      Jan. 11
      School Presentation
      Turning Point School
      8:30-1:00 am
      Culver City, CA

      Jan. 12
      School Presentation
      Roosevelt Elem. School
      7:00-8:00 pm
      Santa Monica, CA

      Imagery For Kids | 11911 San Vicente Blvd. | Suite 240 - Brentwood | Los
      Angeles, CA 90049

      Counseling Services, Guided Imagery, and Meditation Training offered to clients
      living in: Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Beverly Hills,
      Beverly Glen, Culver City, Brentwood, Westwood, Marina Del Rey, Mar Vista,
      Encino, Sherman Oaks, Topanga Beach and Topanga Canyon, Ocean Park, Hancock
      Park, West Hollywood.

      Consultation, Workshops, Trainings and Speaking Offered Worldwide: U.S.,
      Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, Africa.

      All Content Copyright ©2010 Charlotte Reznick PhD, All rights reserved.