Summertime - Can We All Just Get Along?

  • Dr. Charlotte Reznick PhD
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2010
      If you are having trouble viewing this message, please go to http://community.icontact.com/p/wwwimageryforkids/newsletters/powerofyourchildsimagination/posts/summertime-can-we-all-just-get-along

      [1]

      DEAR COMMUNITY,

      Summertime - Can We All Just Get Along?

      It's summertime and the kids are out of school. No more stress - no more
      homework, no more tests, no more pressure. Kids and families should have a
      super summer. Yes? Well, not exactly. The pressures of the academic year are
      over, and initially there's a big relief and often everyone is happy and
      carefree. But with lots more time on kids' hands, even with camp and other
      sports activities, there's lots more time to spend with family, and that can
      mean lots more chances to annoy one's younger brother or sister, get on each
      others nerves, push buttons, and generally drive each other crazy. However,
      summertime can also be a time to heal from the year's stresses, rejuvenate and
      relax, and develop closer family bonds.

      You play a crucial role in creating positive interactions. Since cooperation,
      empathy, kindness, fair play, and self-control don't always come naturally to
      kids, you can teach these skills best by modeling. Kids are great imitators. If
      you want to encourage kindness and generosity, let them see yours. To foster
      self-control, watch how you respond to frustration and anger. And to help kids
      develop empathy - the ability to imagine what others are feeling - share your
      feelings, let your kids express theirs, and encourage them to consider others.
      Summer is a great time to practice.

      Here are six easy exercises adapted from The Power of Your Child's Imagination
      to get you started. [2]Read more

      SPOTLIGHT ON . . .
      Connecting From The Heart on The Power of Your Child's Imagination Companion
      Double CD

      The guided journey found in Connecting From The Heart, an imagery for friends
      and family, can create a heart-centered loving family atmosphere that meets
      everyone's needs. You can listen on your own or your children can listen
      separately if they want, but I love to bring the whole family together. If
      that's the case, gather everyone into a circle facing each other. You'll find
      Connecting From The Heart on the second CD (track 5) - the last track on this
      companion CD to the book, The Power of Your Child's Imagination. I hope you
      enjoy the nine other guided meditations as well. [3]Learn more and order here.

      Rave From Imagery International

      "I think that the book and companion CD set are not only a great resource for
      parents, but for therapists and other professionals working with children who
      are interested in learning how to tap into the power of imagery."

      Jane Butterworth, MFT

      [4]Read Full Review[5]

      [6]

      The Ever Popular
      80+ Free Gifts with Purchase...

      Help Transform
      The Lives Of Kids

      "What a wonderful world it will be when all families give their children the
      gifts presented in Dr. Reznick's book. Joy, success... health and happiness are
      just around the corner."

      Harvey Karp MD, creator of the book and DVD The Happiest Baby on the Block

      Receive the LA Times best selling book: The Power of Your Child's Imagination:
      How to Transform Stress and Anxiety into Joy and Success (Perigee/Penguin,
      2009). [7]Order Here

      A Sincere Request: I would very much appreciate it if you've enjoyed and found
      value in this heart-felt book, if you would post 5* reviews online. Here are
      direct links for [8]Amazon.com and [9]BarnesandNoble.com. And please, tell all
      your friends and colleagues. Many thanks!

      With love and light,

      Featured Teachers

      Jean Haner
      The Wisdom of
      Your Child's Face

      I'm excited to join with Louise L. Hay, Dr. Christine Northrup to share with
      you this groundbreaking new book, that's like a "user's manual" for your child,
      a guide to help understand who your child really is.

      “The Wisdom of Your Child's Face - Discover Your Child's True Nature with
      Chinese Face Reading" has just been released by Hay House! For anyone who has a
      child in their life, or to hlep you understand your own childhood better, this
      is a rich new resource full of clarify and compassion. For more info, bonus
      gifts, and to purchase :
      [10]http://www.wisdomofyourface.com/bookrelease/bookrelease.html

      Sandra Ann Taylor
      Truth, Triumph, and Transformation
      New York Times best selling author Sandra Anne Taylor examines from her
      perspective, the many elements of destiny creation, and separates the reliable
      facts from the confusing fiction that has built up around the Universal Laws.
      She offers her unique and comprehensive understanding about why things really
      happen, empowering you to triumph over difficult cycles without self-blame or
      fear. No matter what obstacles you may encounter your consciousness can turn
      adversity into great opportunity. For more info, free gifts, and to order go to
      : [11]http://www.sandrataylor.net/ttt/

      Steve N. Lee
      What If...?
      What If...? reads like "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" meets "The Da Vinci
      Code." You'll go on a thrilling roller coaster ride that's also a journey of
      discovery - an exploration of how we live, what we're doing to the planet and
      each other, and how we struggle to find happiness and purpose. For more info,
      free gifts, and to order go to : [12]http://www.steve-n-lee.com/x.htm

      About Dr. Charlotte Reznick
      Charlotte Reznick PhD specializes in helping children and adolescents develop
      the emotional skills necessary for a happy and successful life. She is a
      licensed educational psychologist and Associate Clinical Professor of
      Psychology at UCLA. Dr. Charlotte is the creator of Imagery For Kids^TM:
      Breakthrough for Learning, Creativity, and Empowerment and is the
      author/producer of the several therapeutic CDs for children, teens, and
      parents. An international workshop leader on the healing power of children's
      imagination, she maintains a private practice in Los Angeles, California. Visit
      [13]www.ImageryForKids.com

      THE POWER OF YOUR CHILD'S IMAGINATION

      BOOK LAUNCH

      June 16
      Radio Interview
      Energy Awareness
      Host T Love
      ([14]Link to listen)

      Radio Interview
      I'm Thankful Network
      Host Sue Lundquist
      Seattle Radio 1150AM
      & 98.9HD FM
      9:00-10:00 AM (PST)
      Coast to Coast & via CBS Radio
      12:00-1:00 PM (East)
      ([15]Link to listen)

      June 17
      Radio Interview
      OM Times Radio
      Host Chris Anderson
      ([16]Link to show)

      June 26
      Radio Interview
      Illuminations Radio
      Host Tamara Westwood
      5:55-6:55 PM (PST)
      ([17]Link to show)

      July 4
      Radio Interview
      Mom Talk Radio Today
      Host Maria Baily

      8:00 PM (East)
      Check link for stations
      ([18]Link to show)

      Sept. 9
      Radio Interview
      Grandparenting Today
      WMKV 89.3 FM Ohio
      Host Sue Zimmerman
      9:3010:30 AM (PST)
      ([19]Link to show)

      Oct. 16
      Public Workshop/Training
      Mindful Awareness Research Center (MARC) at UCLA
      1:00-5:00 PM (Pacific)
      Phone: 310/206-7503
      ([20]Link to enroll)

      Imagery For Kids | 11911 San Vicente Blvd. | Suite 240 - Brentwood | Los
      Angeles, CA 90049

      Counseling Services, Guided Imagery, and Meditation Training offered to clients
      living in: Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Beverly Hills,
      Beverly Glen, Culver City, Brentwood, Westwood, Marina Del Rey, Mar Vista,
      Encino, Sherman Oaks, Topanga Beach and Topanga Canyon, Ocean Park, Hancock
      Park, West Hollywood.

      Consultation, Workshops, Trainings and Speaking Offered Worldwide: U.S.,
      Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, Africa.

      All Content Copyright ©2010 Charlotte Reznick PhD, All rights reserved.