Spring... Time for a Healing (Garden) for Our Kids

  • Dr. Charlotte Reznick PhD
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2010
      If you are having trouble viewing this message, please go to http://community.icontact.com/p/wwwimageryforkids/newsletters/powerofyourchildsimagination/posts/spring-time-for-a-healing-garden-for-our-kids

      Spring... Time for a Healing (Garden) for Our Kids

      Spring is a time of new beginnings: flowers blooming and seeds blossoming into
      lush plants that we've nurtured and cultivated earlier. Spring can also be a
      time of renewal for our children - to open their hearts, to share their hopes,
      and to expand their dreams. We can guide our children toward their right path by
      helping them connect with their own inner seeds - of peace - of joy - of love.
      We can teach them how to heal the hurts of their personal dark winter - in the
      present, and from the past. And we can support our children in developing their

      The most potent technique that I have found in my twenty-five years of practice
      is for children to connect with the healing power of their own imagination. The
      impact of positive images while in a relaxed state is tremendous. To inspire you
      to start incorporating the imagination of the kids you work with or live with
      right away, here are three brief guided journeys. [1]Read more

      SPOTLIGHT ON . . .
      Creating a Magical Garden and Healing Pond CD
      After one group session using this magic garden and healing pond imagery, three
      boys were relieved of their stomachache, headache, and canker sore respectively.
      During another group, an adolescent girl with a pounding headache eliminated her
      pain without medication, and later successfully taught the simple technique to
      her friends at school. This CD has also been used in a pilot study at two
      Children's Hospitals with adolescents who had spinal surgery - just as the
      researchers had hoped, the teens who listened had less pain and were more
      relaxed than the ones that didn't.

      Rave From Imagery International

      "It will be my great pride and pleasure to recommend this CD not only to the
      members of II, but to parents, grandparents, teachers, schools....you have done
      something wonderful here."

      Lee Raven, RN

      [2]Read Full Review

      [3]For more info and to purchase.

      The Ever Popular 80+ Free Gifts with Purchase...

      Help Transform The Lives Of Kids

      "What a wonderful world it will be when all families give their children the
      gifts presented in Dr. Reznick's book. Joy, success... health and happiness are
      just around the corner."

      Harvey Karp MD, creator of the book and DVD The Happiest Baby on the Block

      Receive the LA Times best selling book: The Power of Your Child's Imagination:
      How to Transform Stress and Anxiety into Joy and Success (Perigee/Penguin,
      2009). [4]Order Here

      I would very much appreciate it if you have enjoyed and have found

      in this heart-felt book, if you could post 5* reviews online. Here are

      direct links for [5]Amazon.com and [6]BarnesandNoble.com. Many thanks!

      With love and light,
      Dr. Charlotte

      Featured Teacher

      Lawrence D. Rosenblum PhD
      See What I'm Saying
      My friend and colleague, Larry Rosenblum PhD, an award winning professor at the
      Univeristy of California (Riverside) has just published a soon to be best
      seller, See What I'm Saying: The Extraordinary Powers of Our Five Senses. Did
      you know you can... Hear things that don't make a sound? Smell someone's fear?
      Feel things without touching them? Taste what you hear? See and touch the sounds
      of speech? Track scents like a dog? Use your own facial expressions to perceive
      others? Unconsciously synchronize your movements with those of others? This
      fabulous book is an in-depth look at the science that explians the hidden powers
      of the five senses and how to harness their potential. Do yourself a favor and
      order it today.[7] Link to book.

      About Dr. Charlotte Reznick
      Charlotte Reznick PhD specializes in helping children and adolescents develop
      the emotional skills necessary for a happy and successful life. She is a
      licensed educational psychologist and Associate Clinical Professor of Psychology
      at UCLA. Dr. Charlotte is the creator of Imagery For Kids^TM: Breakthrough for
      Learning, Creativity, and Empowerment and is the author/producer of the several
      therapeutic CDs for children, teens, and parents. An international workshop
      leader on the healing power of children's imagination, she maintains a private
      practice in Los Angeles, California. Visit [8]www.ImageryForKids.com

      March 22
      Radio Podcast
      Radio Dad
      Host Mike Austin
      Recording 11:00 - 12:00 noon (Pacific)

      Podcast up soon after
      [9](Link to show)

      March 26

      Television Interview

      News Channel 8/

      ABC / WJLA TV
      Let's Talk Live

      Segment during

      1:00 - 2:00 PM (East)

      Washington, DC

      [10](Link to show)

      March 27
      Workshop at Conference
      Psychotherapy Networker
      3:00 - 5:00 PM
      Washington DC
      [11](Link to conference)

      April 6
      Workshop Presentation
      UCLA Psychology Dept.
      Graduate Students
      1:00 - 3:00 PM
      Los Angeles, CA

      Radio Interview

      WTBQ AM 1110/FM 99.1
      Shannon's Corner
      Host Rich Ball & Shannon Devereaux Sanford
      10:10-10:40 AM (Pacific)
      1:10-1:40 PM (East)
      [12](Link to show)

      April 17
      Public Event
      Healthy Kids Day
      Community Block Party
      YMCA Family Center
      1332 Sixth Street
      Santa Monica CA 90401
      10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
      [13](Link to event)

      April 21
      Public Presentation
      YMCA Family Center
      1332 Sixth Street
      Santa Monica, CA 90401
      6:30 - 8:00 PM
      [14](Link to site)

      June 2
      Radio Interview
      Leading Edge Parenting
      Host Sandi Schwartz
      11:00 - 12:00 noon (Pacific)
      [15](Link to show)

      June 3 & 7

      Radio Interview

      Healing Times Radio Show

      Host Emmett Miller MD

      June 3 (11:00-12:00 noon)

      June 7 (1:00-2:00 PM)

      [16](Link to show)

      Imagery For Kids | 11911 San Vicente Blvd. | Suite 240 - Brentwood | Los
      Angeles, CA 90049

      Counseling Services, Guided Imagery, and Meditation Training offered to clients
      living in: Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Beverly Hills,
      Beverly Glen, Culver City, Brentwood, Westwood, Marina Del Rey, Mar Vista,
      Encino, Sherman Oaks, Topanga Beach and Topanga Canyon, Ocean Park, Hancock
      Park, West Hollywood.

      Consultation, Workshops, Trainings and Speaking Offered Worldwide: U.S., Europe,
      Asia, Australia, South America, Africa.

      All Content Copyright ©2010 Charlotte Reznick PhD, All rights reserved.

      1. http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-power-imagination/201003/spring-time-healing-garden-our-kids
      2. http://www.imageryforkids.com/magic_review_img_international.html
      3. http://www.imageryforkids.com/shop-magicgarden.html
      4. http://www.imageryforkids.com/book/
      5. http://www.amazon.com/Power-Your-Childs-Imagination-Transform/dp/0399535071/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245424029&sr=8-1
      6. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Power-of-Your-Childs-Imagination/Charlotte-Reznick/e/9780399535079/?itm=1&USRI=charlotte+reznick
      7. http://www.amazon.com/See-What-Im-Saying-Extraordinary/dp/0393067602/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269222704&sr=8-1
      8. http://www.imageryforkids.com/
      9. http://www.radiodad.com/home.html
      10. http://www.letstalklive.tv/showpage.cfm?a=v
      11. http://www.psychotherapynetworker.org/symposium2010
      12. http://shannonscorner.com/2010/03/16/listen-to-shannon%E2%80%99s-corner-tuesday-afternoons-at-100-on-wtbq-am-1110-fm-991-and-online-at-wwwwtbqcom-17/
      13. http://www.ymcasm.org/
      14. http://www.ymcasm.org/
      15. http://www.leadingedgeparenting.com/RadioShow.html
      16. http://www.openmindradio.com/
      This message was sent by: Imagery For Kids, 11911 San Vicente Blvd.
      Suite 240 - Brentwood
      , Los Angeles, CA 90049

      Email Marketing by iContact: http://freetrial.icontact.com

      Manage your subscription:

      Forward to a friend:

      Comment on this message in the iContact Community:

      Receive our messages as an RSS feed: