Bringing Families Together by Communicating Lovingly

  • Dr. Charlotte Reznick PhD
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2010
      If you are having trouble viewing this message, please go to http://community.icontact.com/p/wwwimageryforkids/newsletters/powerofyourchildsimagination/posts/bringing-families-together-by-communicating-lovingly

      Dear Community,
      Bringing Families Together by Communicating Lovingly
      With the amazing outpouring of love toward helping the people of Haiti,
      this is also a great opportunity to re-evaluate how your family is showing
      they care about each other. Lately, there's been a lot of focus with the
      famlies I work with to develop more positive, loving, and harmonious
      households. How we communicate with each other is key.
      Heart Circle Talks are an easy way to build positive communication
      skills. Set aside some weekly family time to discuss concerns and share
      good feelings. You might pick a topic or just talk about "what's up" for
      each family member. Find a treasured small object (or, visit Imagery for
      Kids for a [http://www.imageryforkids.com/shop-heartlovey.html] Heart Lovey
      so that the person who is sharing holds the object. Then follow these 8
      simple rules.
      1. Person holding the object talks.
      2. Pass the object gently to one side when done sharing.
      3. Don't need to share - have the right to skip your turn.
      4. Talk about what you feel. Speak from your heart.
      5. No put downs.
      6. Maintain confidentiality
      (don't share what is said without permission).
      7. Equal time for all (use a timer if you need to).
      8. Stay in the circle (don't run off) till Heart Talk is finished.
      Adjust the timing, situation, and topic based on your family's needs.
      Please let me know how[http://www.imageryforkids.com/contact.html]
      Heart Talks work for your family.

      And with Valentine's Day just a few weeks away, it's a great opportunity
      to give the gift of self-love and deep relaxation to the children, teens,
      and parents you care about? Take advantage of the Valentine's Gift Package
      Special for Kids and Parents.
      [http://www.imageryforkids.com/holidaySpecial.html] The Valentine Gift
      Pack for Kids - 25% Off
      [Basic Gift Pack for Kids contains 2 CDs and a Heart Lovey]
      Your choice of gift wrapping.
      Pick an extra CD or two and get 25% off each additional CD!

      These indispensable CDs will empower your child with easy, effective, and
      creative skills for thriving in our challenging world - tapping into the
      positive power of their imagination and accessing their natural strengths
      and confidence. Choose the combination that works best for you! An added
      bonus is the "Listen to your heart..." Heart Lovey - helps reduce stress
      just by holding it. - [http://www.imageryforkids.com/holidaySpecial.html]
      Learn More and Order Here

      [http://www.imageryforkids.com/holidaySpecial.html] The Valentine Gift
      Pack for Parents
      [Book, CD, & Heart Lovey]
      Your choice of gift wrapping.

      Receive The Power of Your Child's Imagination: How to Transform Stress
      and Anxiety into Joy and Success (Perigee/Penguin, 2009), a LA Times best
      selling book, offering nine tools to help your child achieve peace and life
      success, along with The Cave of Great Wisdom CD. Especially designed for
      parent support, you will be guided to a sanctuary of inner peace and
      connect with wisdom through soothing words and gentle music, awakening your
      rich and creative inner resources. As a bonus, the "Listen to your
      heart..." Heart Lovey - is an added reminder to trust yourself. -
      [http://www.imageryforkids.com/holidaySpecial.html] Learn More and Order
      Here

      80+ Free Bonus Gifts
      When you order The Power of Your Child's Imagination: How to Transform
      Stress and Anxiety into Joy and Success
      (Perigee/Penguin, 2009) on line. -
      [http://www.imageryforkids.com/book/] Order Here

      With love and light,
      Dr. Charlotte

      featured teachers
      L.I.F.E. Living in Freedom Everyday
      by Kenneth Brown
      Six simple steps to greatness that can turn your life around!
      Although there’s no lack of people out there telling us how to improve
      our life – how to raise ourselves up by the bootstraps from whatever
      beginnings and backgrounds, and over any hurdles we may have face, here's a
      simple, well-laid-out roadmap to achieving your greatness.
      The popular Life and Business Coach, author, and speaker Kenneth
      Brown has just released his second book, “L.I.F.E – Living In Freedom
      Everyday”. Kenneth says he’s giving away a number of free goodies when
      you get his book … and get YOUR copy TODAY, while there’s still time to
      get in on the Big Give-Away!
      [http://www.livinginfreedomeveryday.com/book/]
      http://www.livinginfreedomeveryday.com/book/

      Free Tele-Class:
      Unleashing Your Inner Magician
      Jeanna Gabellini
      Bridget Engel
      Join Jeanna Gabellini, Law of Attraction Coach and Bridget
      Engel, Certified Angel Therapy Practitioner for this No-Cost Teleclass on
      Tuesday, Feb. 23rd:[http://www.masterpeacecoaching.com/divineguidance] The
      4-principles of Divine Guidance that is all about using YOUR Divine
      Guidance more fully! Divine Guidance is the wisest part of our self. It
      leads you straight to the desires you’ve ever conjured up. Jeanna and
      Bridget believe that using your own Divine Guidance will lead you to your
      Inner Magician. Register for the no-cost call on February 23rd
      [http://www.masterpeacecoaching.com/teleclasses/2009/5/2/divine-guidanceunleashing-your-inner-magician.html]
      here.
      About Dr. Charlotte Reznick
      Charlotte Reznick PhD specializes in helping children and adolescents
      develop the emotional skills necessary for a happy and successful life. She
      is a licensed educational psychologist and Associate Clinical Professor of
      Psychology at UCLA. Dr. Charlotte is the creator of Imagery For Kids^TM:
      Breakthrough for Learning, Creativity, and Empowerment and is the
      author/producer of the several therapeutic CDs for children, teens, and
      parents. An international workshop leader on the healing power of
      children's imagination, she maintains a private practice in Los Angeles,
      California. Visit [http://www.ImageryForKids.com] www.ImageryForKids.com

      The Power
      of Your Child's Imagination
      BOOK LAUNCH
      Jan 15-30
      Podcast
      The Wise Counsel Podcast
      Host David Van Nuys PhD
      Featured interview from 1/15-1/30
      [http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_index.php?idx=119&w=9] Link to show
      Jan 29
      Radio Interview
      3:00 - 3:30 PM PST
      BBS Radio
      The Donna Seebo Show
      [http://www.bbsradio.com/bbs_talk_radio_station1.php] Link to show
      Feb 11
      School Presentation
      New Roads Elementary
      6:30 - 8:30 PM
      Santa Monica, CA
      Feb 13
      Radio Interview
      Holistic Children Radio Show
      Host: Cathi Curen
      9:00 - 9:30 AM (Pacific)
      [http://holisticchildrenradio.homestead.com/index.html] Link to show
      Feb 18
      School Presentation
      Westmark School
      6:30-8:00 PM
      Encino, CA
      Feb. 25
      Public Talk & Booksigning
      Village Books
      7:30 pm
      Pacific Palisades, CA
      March 6
      Workshop at Conference
      Anxiety Disorders
      Association of America
      10:30-12:00 noon
      Baltimore, MD

      [http://community.adaa.org/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=adaa&WebKey=48db4cbe-d46e-4965-ae5e-0f33406fd6e2&RegPath=EventRegFees&REg_evt_key=5ecc2402-4f0f-462e-b175-328a7a93cf28]
      Link to conference
      March 8
      School Presentation
      California Association
      of Independent Schools
      CAIS Regional Meeting
      11:00 - 12:30 pm
      Campbell Hall School
      North Hollywood, CA
      March 27
      Workshop at Conference
      Psychotherapy Networker
      3:00 - 5:00 PM
      Washington DC
      [http://www.psychotherapynetworker.org/] Link to conference
      April 6
      Workshop Presentation
      UCLA Psychology Dept.
      Graduate Students
      1:00 - 3:00 PM
      Los Angeles, CA
      Coming Soon
      Radio Interview
      Healing Times Radio Show
      Host Emmett Miller MD
      [http://www.openmindradio.com/] Link to show
      Radio Interview
      Men and Women of the World
      Host: Helga Sitkin
      2:00 - 2:15 PM (Pacific)
      KCLA 99.3 FM & KALS 97.1 FM
      [http://www.kclafm.com/] Link to show
      Radio Interview
      KTKK AM 630
      Airs Salt Lake City, UT
      Host: Linda Strasburg
      2:30 - 3:00 (Mountain)
      1:30 - 2:00 (Pacific)
      [http://www.k-talk.com/] Link to show
      Radio Interview
      Health Radio Network
      Feelin' Just Ducky
      Host: Barbara Alexander
      [http://www.moneydots.com/] Check here for time listings

      Imagery For Kids | 11911 San Vicente Blvd. | Suite 240 - Brentwood
      | Los Angeles, CA 90049
      Counseling Services, Guided Imagery, and Meditation Training offered to
      clients living in: Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Malibu,
      Beverly Hills, Beverly Glen, Culver City, Brentwood, Westwood, Marina Del
      Rey, Mar Vista, Encino, Sherman Oaks, Topanga Beach and Topanga Canyon,
      Ocean Park, Hancock Park, West Hollywood.
      Consultation, Workshops, Trainings and Speaking Offered Worldwide: U.S.,
      Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, Africa.
      All Content Copyright ©2009 Charlotte Reznick PhD, All rights reserved |
      Photo of Dr. Reznick by Dana Patrick | Design by
      [http://www.mckinleybrown.com] McKinleyBrown

      [http://www.imageryforkids.com/learnMore.html]
      This message was sent by: Imagery For Kids, 11911 San Vicente Blvd.
      Suite 240 - Brentwood
      , Los Angeles, CA 90049

      Email Marketing by iContact: http://freetrial.icontact.com

      Manage your subscription:
      http://app.icontact.com/icp/mmail-mprofile.pl?r=34383555&l=19214&s=UEDO&m=352444&c=513905

      Forward to a friend:
      http://app.icontact.com/icp/sub/forward?m=352444&s=34383555&c=UEDO&cid=513905

      Comment on this message in the iContact Community:
      http://community.icontact.com/p/wwwimageryforkids/newsletters/powerofyourchildsimagination/posts/bringing-families-together-by-communicating-lovingly#commentform

      Receive our messages as an RSS feed:
      http://community.icontact.com/p/wwwimageryforkids/newsletters/powerofyourchildsimagination/rss.xml?r=34383555&l=19214&s=UEDO&m=352444&c=513905