"Sleep Tonight?" and other fun activities for the new year

  • Dr. Charlotte Reznick PhD
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2009
      If you are having trouble viewing this message, please go to http://community.icontact.com/p/wwwimageryforkids/newsletters/powerofyourchildsimagination/posts/sleep-tonight-and-other-fun-activities-for-the-new-year

      Dear Community,
      The school year has started and I've been getting calls from concerned
      parents that their kids are already having trouble sleeping. Homework,
      worry about friends, pressure to balance sports, after school activities
      and all that is expected of them is affecting their once peaceful nights.
      I'd like to share an article I've written for my Psychology Today blog. I
      hope you find it helpful.
      Sleep Tonight?
      It's the end of the day. You're tired. You've worked hard. The children
      have finally gone to bed. You're looking forward to some peace and quiet by
      yourself. All of a sudden you hear the cries of your normally loving
      youngster: "I can't sleep!" Or, your teen charges into the room and insists
      that he can't fall asleep because he's worrying about an exam the next day
      - or is fretting about a recent argument with her best friend - or a
      problem with her teacher. Wouldn't you like them to learn a technique to
      help let go of worries and tensions of the day and fall asleep peacefully
      and easily?

      [https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-power-imagination/200909/sleep-tonight-using-imagery-create-soothing-blanket-sleep]
      Read more

      Mark Your Calendar: Saturday October 10th!
      I'm thrilled to invite everyone in the Los Angeles area to a Public Talk
      and Book Signing at Mystic Journey Bookstore on Abbot Kinney in the lovely
      area of Venice, Saturday Oct. 10th at 2:00 PM. Let me know you're coming
      and we'll save you a
      seat.[http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=1319+Abbot+Kinney+Blvd.+Venice+CA+90291&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title]

      ([http://www.mysticjourneybookstore.com/] Link to store)

      ([http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=1319+Abbot+Kinney+Blvd.+Venice+CA+90291&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title]
      Link to directions)

      The special Book Launch celebration is still on. Buy the book today from
      your favorite on-line book seller and receive 80+ free gifts from wonderful
      teachers such as The HeartMath Institute, Hay House, Mallika Chopra, John
      Gray, Joan Borysenko, and many more. Go to
      [http://www.imageryforkids.com/book] www.imageryforkids.com/book to learn
      more.

      Take advantage of the Gold Package Discount Offer for the companion
      relaxation CDs at [http://www.imageryforkids.com/bookpromoGold2.html]
      http://www.imageryforkids.com/ImageryForKids.
      Please share these offers with friends, family, and anyone you feel would
      benefit from helping transform the lives of children!

      SPECIAL OFFER!
      ORDER THE NEW BOOK TODAY
      AT A DISCOUNTED PRICE
      The Power of Your
      Child’s Imagination
      “Simple, practical, brilliant. What a wonderful world it will be when
      all families give their children the gifts presented in Dr. Reznick's
      book.”
      Harvey Karp, M.D., FAAP,
      creator of the book and DVD,
      The Happiest Toddler on the Block
      Order Now and Receive
      80+ special free gifts
      [book] www.ImageryForKids.com/book
      With love and light,
      Dr. Charlotte

      featured authors
      Ronald Alexander, PhD
      Wise Mind, Open Mind: Finding Purpose & Meaning in Times of Crisis Loss &
      Change
      Ron's new book is badly needed in our stressed world. He combines his
      expertise as a psychologist and Buddhist mindfulness practitioner to give
      beautiful solutions to feeling more centered and happy. Ron is a close
      friend and colleague. I highly support his book and the new website the
      [http://openmindresourcecenter.com/] Open Mind Resource Center that it
      inspired.
      This resource center was inspired by Ronald Alexander, PhD
      ([http://www.ronaldalexander.com/] www.RonaldAlexander.com) a licensed
      psychotherapist and pioneer in Positive Psychology, Mindfulness and
      Creative Thinking. In his new book, WISE MIND, OPEN MIND: Finding Purpose
      & Meaning in Times of Crisis, Loss & Change (New Harbinger Publications)
      readers can learn how to transform any crisis through his unique three step
      process that combines mindfulness mediation, creative thinking and positive
      psychology to help them:

      - Let go of their past
      - Tune into the present and their core creativity
      - Move forward with passion and purpose Learn more about developing your
      “wise mind,” mindfulness meditation and how you can transform your life
      at [http://www.ronaldalexander.com/books.html]
      http://www.ronaldalexander.com/books.html.

      [http://www.amazon.com/Wise-Mind-Open-Finding-Purpose/dp/157224643X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251754914&sr=8-1]
      Wise Mind, Open Mind is available at Amazon.com, BarnsAndNoble.com plus
      fine bookstores everywhere.
      Peggy McCall
      The Won Thing
      Today you can find out the one secret to a totally fulfilling life!
      Looking for that ONE THING that can turn your life around almost
      overnight and draw your dreams to you like moths to a flame? You’ll find
      it in the story of … how this single Mom from a small town finally
      discovered the one secret that allowed her to create financial security,
      find true love, and attract the sort of lifestyle most of us can only ever
      DREAM of … While you are there, please claim your entry to the grand
      prize draw.
      [http://wonthing.com/] http://wonthing.com
      From the New York Times Best Selling Author of the hard cover book 21
      Distinctions of Wealth, Peggy McColl is giving you a checklist for you to
      track your progress as you are enriching your life with the life-changing
      affirmations from each of the distinctions. You will also receive a short
      (yet powerful) video Peggy McColl created for you to play on your computer
      to give you the 3 step process to attracting more abundance and you will
      receive an audio download of wealth affirmations.
      [http://www.destinies.com/en/index.php?sv=&category=21+Distintions&title=21+Distinctions+Login]
      www.destinies.com
      About Dr. Charlotte Reznick
      Charlotte Reznick PhD specializes in helping children and adolescents
      develop the emotional skills necessary for a happy and successful life. She
      is a licensed educational psychologist and Associate Clinical Professor of
      Psychology at UCLA. Dr. Charlotte is the creator of Imagery For KidsTM:
      Breakthrough for Learning, Creativity, and Empowerment and is the
      author/producer of the several therapeutic CDs for children, teens, and
      parents. An international workshop leader on the healing power of
      children's imagination, she maintains a private practice in Los Angeles,
      California. Visit [http://www.ImageryForKids.com] www.ImageryForKids.com

      The Power of Your Child's Imagination
      BOOK LAUNCH
      Sept. 29
      Radio Interview
      Health Radio Network
      "Feelin' Just Ducky"
      Host Barbra Alexander
      9:30 - 10:30 AM

      ([http://www.healthradionetwork.com/show-guide/Health-Radio-Shows/Feelin%27-Just-Ducky]
      Link to show)
      Oct 1
      Radio Interview
      4:00 - 5:00 PM (Pacific)
      7:00 - 8:00 PM (East Coast)
      WOIC / 11:11 Talk Radio
      Host Simran Sigh
      (Columbia, South Carolina)
      ([http://www.modavox.com/voiceamerica/vshow.aspx?sid=1536] Link to show)
      Oct 6
      Radio Interview
      KKZZ 1400 AM
      Dr Bunny Vreeland Show
      12:00 - 1:00 PM (Pacific)
      ([http://www.1400kkzz.com/main.php] Link to show)
      Radio Interview
      7:00 - 8:00 PM
      Sixth Degrees
      Host Anthony Brice
      ([http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sixdegrees] Link to show)
      Oct 10
      Public Talk
      and Book Signing
      2:00 - 4:00 PM (Saturday)
      Mystic Journey Bookstore
      1319 Abbot Kinney Blvd.
      Venice, CA 90291
      ([http://www.mysticjourneybookstore.com/] Link to store)

      ([http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=1319+Abbot+Kinney+Blvd.+Venice+CA+90291&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title]
      Link to directions)
      Oct 17
      Radio Interview
      KINS New American Health Talk
      AM 1290
      Host Kris Costello
      Time TBA
      ([http://wellnesstalkradio.com/] Link to show)
      Oct (TBA)
      Radio Interview
      1010 CFRB / 610 CKTB
      The Buddha Lounge
      Host Natasha Dern
      Toronto Canada
      11:45 AM - 12:00 PM (Pacific)
      2:45 - 3:00 PM (East Coast)
      ([http://www.thebuddhaloungeshow.com/] Link to show)
      Nov. 18
      Radio Interview
      The Super Natural Mom Show
      Host Beth Greer
      11:30 - 11:50 AM (Pacific)
      ([http://greer.progressiveradionetwork.org/] Link to show)
      Dec. 6
      TeleChat
      for Imagery International
      5:30 - 6:30 PM (Pacific)
      8:30 - 9:30 PM (East coast)
      Email [mailto:iioffice@...]
      iioffice@...
      to sign up and for further info
      January 21
      Public Talk
      Kenter Canyon
      Elementary School PTA
      Brentwood, Los Angeles
      March 26-28
      Public Talk
      Psychotherapy Networker Conference
      Washington DC
      Dr. Reznick seminar (TBA)
      ([http://www.psychotherapynetworker.org/] Link to show)
      March (TBA)
      Public Talk
      Visioning a New Future
      Family Fun Day
      (Agape, CosmiKids, & Elevate Films)
      Dr. Reznick Talk 12:00-12:30
      Event 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
      Temescal Gateway Park
      Pacific Palisades, CA
      Coming Soon
      Radio Interview
      The Parent's Journal
      National Public Radio Stations
      Host: Bobbi Conner
      ([http://www.parentsjournal.com/radioshow] Link to show)

      Imagery For Kids | 11911 San Vicente Blvd. | Suite 240 - Brentwood |
      Los Angeles, CA 90049
      Counseling Services, Guided Imagery, and Meditation Training offered to
      clients living in: Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Malibu,
      Beverly Hills, Beverly Glen, Culver City, Brentwood, Westwood, Marina Del
      Rey, Mar Vista, Encino, Sherman Oaks, Topanga Beach and Topanga Canyon,
      Ocean Park, Hancock Park, West Hollywood.
      Consultation, Workshops, Trainings and Speaking Offered Worldwide: U.S.,
      Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, Africa.
      All Content Copyright ©2009 Charlotte Reznick PhD, All rights reserved |
      Photo of Dr. Reznick by Dana Patrick | Design by
      [http://www.mckinleybrown.com] McKinleyBrown

      [learnMore.html]

      This message was sent by: Imagery For Kids, 11911 San Vicente Blvd.
      Suite 240 - Brentwood
      , Los Angeles, CA 90049

      Email Marketing by iContact: http://freetrial.icontact.com

      Manage your subscription:
      http://app.icontact.com/icp/mmail-mprofile.pl?r=34383555&l=19214&s=UEDO&m=288429&c=513905

      Forward to a friend:
      http://app.icontact.com/icp/sub/forward?m=288429&s=34383555&c=UEDO&cid=513905

      Comment on this message in the iContact Community:
      http://community.icontact.com/p/wwwimageryforkids/newsletters/powerofyourchildsimagination/posts/sleep-tonight-and-other-fun-activities-for-the-new-year#commentform

      Receive our messages as an RSS feed:
      http://community.icontact.com/p/wwwimageryforkids/newsletters/powerofyourchildsimagination/rss.xml?r=34383555&l=19214&s=UEDO&m=288429&c=513905