Your imagination can help you heal

  • Dr. Charlotte Reznick PhD
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2009
      If you are having trouble viewing this message, please go to http://community.icontact.com/p/wwwimageryforkids/newsletters/powerofyourchildsimagination/posts/your-imagination-can-help-you-heal

      Dear Community,
      “Your imagination can help you heal.” This simple and elegant
      statement was nine-year-old Helena’s response when asked what she had
      learned from our work together as we were wrapping up our counseling
      Helena first came to me because she never expressed any negative
      feelings. Her parents were concerned since her younger brother was very
      expressive – actually a terror around the house – and they didn’t
      want Helena to get lost, but to be her own person. They wondered if she
      harbored truer feelings under the surface that were afraid to come out. And
      she did.
      Helena lived in a home filled with chaos. Although loving, her parents
      expressed their everyday disagreements by yelling. A new baby at home added
      to the attention already taken away from Helena by her four-year-old
      brother. Nannies were coming and going while her mom was trying to return
      to work part-time. Helena never knew who was going to take her to school or
      bring her home.
      Helena’s problems are the problems of thousands of kids: jealousy of
      younger sibs, parents fighting, grappling with fears of unworthiness,
      trouble with friends, struggling with school, dealing with headaches. I
      focus on teaching children to access their inner wisdom, and often the most
      lasting and creative healings I’ve seen have taken place through using
      the power of a child’s imagination.
      During our final sessions, Helena easily recounted how she incorporated
      Imagination Tools into her life and made them her own.
      Here’s her advice (with some commentary from me) on how to use eight of

      Thanks to you, I'm thrilled to announce that The Power of Your Child's
      Imagination (Perigee/Penguin) has made the LA Times bestseller list August
      23rd. I so appreciate all your wonderful comments and incredible support.

      The special book launch celebration is still on. Buy the book today from
      your favorite on-line book seller and receive 80+ free gifts from wonderful
      teachers such as The HeartMath Institute, Hay House, Mallika Chopra, John
      Gray, Joan Borysenko, and many more. Go to [www.imageryforkids.com/book]
      www.imageryforkids.com/book to learn more.

      The Special Gold Package Discount Offer for the companion relaxation CDs
      is at [http://www.imageryforkids.com/bookpromoGold2.html] ImageryForKids
      for discount ordering.
      Please share these offers with friends, family, and anyone you feel would
      benefit from helping transform the lives of children!

      And note a special appearance at Agape's Visioning A New Future Family
      Day on Sept. 26th. (right side bar). I'll be speaking at 12:00 and hope to
      see you at Temescal Park in Pacific Palisades. It should be a wonderful
      opportunity for families to come together.

      Find out more by clicking here.

      The Power of Your
      Child’s Imagination
      “Simple, practical, brilliant. What a wonderful world it will be when
      all families give their children the gifts presented in Dr. Reznick's
      Harvey Karp, M.D., FAAP,
      creator of the book and DVD,
      The Happiest Toddler on the Block
      Order Now and Receive
      80+ special free gifts
      [http://www.ImageryForKids.com/book] www.ImageryForKids.com/book
      With love and light,
      Dr. Charlotte

      About Dr. Charlotte Reznick
      Charlotte Reznick PhD specializes in helping children and adolescents
      develop the emotional skills necessary for a happy and successful life. She
      is a licensed educational psychologist and Associate Clinical Professor of
      Psychology at UCLA. Dr. Charlotte is the creator of Imagery For KidsTM:
      Breakthrough for Learning, Creativity, and Empowerment and is the
      author/producer of the several therapeutic CDs for children, teens, and
      parents. An international workshop leader on the healing power of
      children's imagination, she maintains a private practice in Los Angeles,
      California. Visit [http://www.ImageryForKids.com] www.ImageryForKids.com

      featured teachers
      Esther and Jerry Hicks
      I'm pleased to share the work of Law of Attraction experts and authors of
      the 2008 #1 New York Times Best Seller, Money and the Law of Attraction,
      Esther and Jerry Hicks in their newest book, The Vortex: Where The Law of
      Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships. Their publisher, Hay
      House, shares: This new book will leave you feeling free and clear, as the
      impossible task of sorting out all of the complicated moving parts of the
      relationships in your life lifts up off of you. As you read the 22 flawed
      premises that are at the core of the confusion you feel, you will discover
      a new point of attraction, and every relationship you have will improve.
      They are offering a plethera of valuable gifts and prize opportunities when
      you buy the book. For more informaiton go to
      [http://promos.hayhouse.com/vortex/index.php] promos.hayhouse.com

      David Patchell-Evans
      When I read that all of the proceeds from the sales of Patch's new book,
      The Real Sexy, Smart, and Strong (John Wiley & Sons) will be donated to
      autism research, I knew I had to share it with you. In his inspirational
      and practical new book, world-renowned fitness expert David Patchell-Evans
      guides you to achieve high levels of vital energy, become smarter and
      stronger, and make the very best of your body. Patch is the owner of the
      largest chain of fitness clubs in the world owned by a single individual,
      and for over 30 years he has been making a huge impact on the health and
      well-being of millions of individuals. Additionally if you buy the book
      today or tomorrow, you will receive over $4000 worth of wonderful free
      bonus gifts and prize draws. Please go to
      [http://www.davidpatchellevans.com/book/] www.davidpatchellevans.com to
      start the process rolling.

      The Power of Your Child's Imagination BOOK LAUNCH
      Sept 8
      Radio Interview
      Motivational Minds Radio
      Host Justin Sachs
      ([http://www.motivationalmindsradio.com/] Link to show)
      Sept 22
      Radio Interview
      KINS New
      American Health Talk
      AM 1290
      Host Kris Costello
      10:00 - 10:40 AM (Pacific)
      ([http://wellnesstalkradio.com] Link to show)
      Sept. 26
      Public Talk and
      Visioning a New Future
      Family Fun Day
      (Agape, CosmiKids, & Elevate Films)
      Dr. Reznick Talk 12:00-12:30
      Event 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
      Temescal Gateway Park
      Pacific Palisades, CA

      Link to event)
      Coming Soon
      Radio Interview
      The Parent's Journal
      National Public Radio Stations
      Host: Bobbi Conner
      ([http://www.parentsjournal.com/radioshow] Link to show)

      Imagery For Kids | 11911 San Vicente Blvd. | Suite 240 - Brentwood |
      Los Angeles, CA 90049
      Counseling Services, Guided Imagery, and Meditation Training offered to
      clients living in: Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Malibu,
      Beverly Hills, Beverly Glen, Culver City, Brentwood, Westwood, Marina Del
      Rey, Mar Vista, Encino, Sherman Oaks, Topanga Beach and Topanga Canyon,
      Ocean Park, Hancock Park, West Hollywood.
      Consultation, Workshops, Trainings and Speaking Offered Worldwide: U.S.,
      Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, Africa.
      All Content Copyright ©2009 Charlotte Reznick PhD, All rights reserved |
      Photo of Dr. Reznick by Dana Patrick | Design by
      [http://www.mckinleybrown.com] McKinleyBrown

      This message was sent by: Imagery For Kids, 11911 San Vicente Blvd.
      Suite 240 - Brentwood
      , Los Angeles, CA 90049

      Email Marketing by iContact: http://freetrial.icontact.com

      Manage your subscription:

      Forward to a friend:

      Comment on this message in the iContact Community:

      Receive our messages as an RSS feed: