Last Days of Summer...Fun Tips

  • Dr. Charlotte Reznick PhD
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2009
      If you are having trouble viewing this message, please go to http://community.icontact.com/p/wwwimageryforkids/newsletters/powerofyourchildsimagination/posts/last-days-of-summerfun-tips

      Dear Community,
      It's the waning days of summer. Only one, two, or three weeks left if a
      kid is lucky. Don't despair. Let your imaginations run wild. Have your
      child imagine every fun thing you haven't yet done and want to do before
      those school bells ring. Make your own Top Ten list together. Brainstorm
      any idea, no matter how outrageous. Discuss what you can do with your
      child; cross off the rest for another time. Here are a few to consider...
      Streeeeetch your imagination: Go on an African safari? Maybe not, but you
      can visit your local zoo, petting zoo, or farm animal sanctuary. Swim with
      dolphins? If you can't make it to Sea World, how about renting one of their
      wonderful videos and planning for when you can go?
      Be a do-gooder: Want to help those less fortunate than yourselves? Ask
      your child to imagine who they'd really like to assist. Go to the local
      animal shelter and see if you can keep some of the lonely animals company
      for an hour. Or check if the local soup kitchen needs a young server.
      Planting "seeds of kindness" in your child's imagination can help him
      develop compassion.
      Put on a puppet play and movie: Using small paper bags, with markers,
      yarn, and glue, create characters together that she designs, Help her and
      her friends write a play. Then perform the play for parents, siblings, and
      friends - and videotape it to email to far-flung grandparents and
      relatives.
      Have a make-your-own night for teens: Buy ready made pizza dough and fill
      small bowls with cheese, vegetables, and Italian sausage. Have the kids
      make their own pizzas. For dessert, provide the fixings for make your own
      sundaes, with a variety of toppings. Stay clear of the kitchen...

      Thanks to you, I'm thrilled to announce that The Power of Your Child's
      Imagination (Perigee/Penguin) has made the LA Times bestseller list this
      weekend. I so appreciate all your wonderful comments and incredible
      support.

      The special book launch celebration is still on. Buy the book today from
      your favorite on-line book seller and receive 80+ free gifts from wonderful
      teachers such as The HeartMath Institute, Hay House, Mallika Chopra, John
      Gray, Joan Borysenko, and many more. Go to
      [http://www.imageryforkids.com/book/] www.imageryforkids.com/book to learn
      more.

      The Special Gold Package Discount Offer for the companion relaxation CDs
      is at [http://www.imageryforkids.com/bookpromoGold2.html] ImageryForKids
      for discount ordering.
      Please share these offers with friends, family, and anyone you feel would
      benefit from helping transform the lives of children!

      And note my upcoming Radio appearances (right side bar). Tomorrow I'll be
      on The Aware Show hosted by Lisa Garr at 1:30 -2:00 PM (Pacific) on KPFK
      Los Angeles at 90.7 FM, 98.7 (Santa Barbara) and streaming live for the
      rest of the world at [http://www.theawareshow.com/] www.TheAwareShow.com.

      SPECIAL OFFER!
      ORDER THE NEW BOOK TODAY
      AT A DISCOUNTED PRICE
      The Power of Your
      Child’s Imagination
      “Simple, practical, brilliant. What a wonderful world it will be when
      all families give their children the gifts presented in Dr. Reznick's
      book.”
      Harvey Karp, M.D., FAAP,
      creator of the book and DVD,
      The Happiest Toddler on the Block
      Order Now and Receive
      80+ special free gifts
      [http://www.ImageryForKids.com/book] www.ImageryForKids.com/book
      With love and light,
      Dr. Charlotte

      About Dr. Charlotte Reznick
      Charlotte Reznick PhD, author of The Power of Your Child's Imagination:
      How to Transform Stress and Anxiety into Joy and Success (Perigee/Penguin
      USA, 2009), specializes in helping children and adolescents develop the
      emotional skills necessary for a happy and successful life. She is a
      licensed educational psychologist and Associate Clinical Professor of
      Psychology at UCLA. Dr. Charlotte is the creator of Imagery For Kids^TM:
      Breakthrough for Learning, Creativity, and Empowerment and is the
      author/producer of the several therapeutic CDs for children, teens, and
      parents. An international workshop leader on the healing power of
      children's imagination, she maintains a private practice in Los Angeles,
      California. For more information visit [http://www.ImageryForKids.com]
      www.ImageryForKids.com or email [mailto:DrReznick@...]
      DrReznick@....

      featured teachers
      [http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/] Psychology Today Blog
      I've recently discovered the wealth of information available on the
      Psychology Today blog. You'll find noted leaders such as David Elkind, Jim
      Gordon, and the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine. I'm honored to be
      included as one of their bloggers.
      My good friend and colleague Dr. Lawrence (Larry) Rosenblum blogs on
      Sensory Superpowers, based on his fascinating upcoming book, See What I'm
      Saying: The Extraordinary Powers of Our Five Senses (Norton, 2010).
      [http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/sensory-superpowers] Check out his
      latest entries including, Mountain Biking With The Blind and How Words
      Feel.

      The Power of Your Child's Imagination BOOK LAUNCH
      Aug 26
      Radio Interview
      8:45 - 8:55 am (East Coast)
      WGMX-FM 94.3
      The Morning Mix, FL.
      ([http://wgmxfm.com/] Link to show)
      Radio Interview
      [http://www.theawareshow.com/] The Aware Show
      Host: Lisa Garr
      1:30 - 2:00 PM (Pacific)
      KPFK 90.7 (Los Angeles)
      98.7 (Santa Barbara)
      ([http://www.theawareshow.com/] Link to show)
      Aug 29
      Radio Interview
      9:00 am (East Coast))
      News Radio
      1490 WTTB-AM, FL.
      The Second 50 Years,
      host Hedi Headley
      ([http://www.wttbam.com] Link to show)
      Aug 31st
      Radio Interview
      KTLR 890 AM, OK.
      7:30 - 8:00 am (Pacific)
      Host Ella Speakes
      ([http://www.ellaspeakes.com/default.asp?contentid=591] Link to
      show)
      Sept 1
      Radio Interview
      7:30-8:00 AM (Pacific)
      10:30-11:00 AM (East Coast)
      The Parent's Journal
      National Public Radio Stations
      Host: Bobbi Conner
      ([http://www.parentsjournal.com/radioshow] Link to show)
      Sept 3
      Radio Interview
      Full Power Living
      9:00-10:00 am (Pacific)
      Host Ilene Dillion
      ([http://www.emotionalpro.com] Link to show)
      Sept 4
      Radio Interview
      8:00-9:00 am (Pacific)
      Lets Talk Back
      With Dr. Sheila, host Sheila Forman JD, Ph.
      ([http://www.HealthyLife.net] Link to show)

      Imagery For Kids | 11911 San Vicente Blvd. | Suite 240 - Brentwood |
      Los Angeles, CA 90049
      Counseling Services, Guided Imagery, and Meditation Training offered to
      clients living in: Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Malibu,
      Beverly Hills, Beverly Glen, Culver City, Brentwood, Westwood, Marina Del
      Rey, Mar Vista, Encino, Sherman Oaks, Topanga Beach and Topanga Canyon,
      Ocean Park, Hancock Park, West Hollywood.
      Consultation, Workshops, Trainings and Speaking Offered Worldwide: U.S.,
      Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, Africa.
      All Content Copyright ©2009 Charlotte Reznick PhD, All rights reserved |
      Photo of Dr. Reznick by Dana Patrick | Design by
      [http://www.mckinleybrown.com] McKinleyBrown

      [http://www.imageryforkids.com/learnMore.html]

      This message was sent by: Imagery For Kids, 11911 San Vicente Blvd.
      Suite 240 - Brentwood
      , Los Angeles, CA 90049

      Email Marketing by iContact: http://freetrial.icontact.com

      Manage your subscription:
      http://app.icontact.com/icp/mmail-mprofile.pl?r=34383555&l=19214&s=UEDO&m=269009&c=513905

      Forward to a friend:
      http://app.icontact.com/icp/sub/forward?m=269009&s=34383555&c=UEDO&cid=513905

      Comment on this message in the iContact Community:
      http://community.icontact.com/p/wwwimageryforkids/newsletters/powerofyourchildsimagination/posts/last-days-of-summerfun-tips#commentform

      Receive our messages as an RSS feed:
      http://community.icontact.com/p/wwwimageryforkids/newsletters/powerofyourchildsimagination/rss.xml?r=34383555&l=19214&s=UEDO&m=269009&c=513905