Wonderful changes

  • Lyra Jubb
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2007
      Aloha Friends,

      Well, things are certainly changing around here. Just last month I
      was living on welfare with the doubt of how my family was going to
      survive the winter. You see...we moved to VT four years ago from HI
      for a job that fell through. I was taking care of a baby, Quinn, and
      my husband had a mental and physical break down. Four years later, I
      am pregnant with our second child, we are barely living off of SSI for
      JP, and Welfare, and I can not work. Jobs are scarce and JP doesn't
      know what to do. We then received a letter in the mail stating that
      the feds. will not be giving us fuel assistance this year because we
      are in Section-8 housing.

      Imagine our dilemma.

      One night our friend lent us some movies to watch. One of them is
      titled "In Pursuit of Happiness". We watched it that night. The next
      morning JP looked in the help wanted adds for the first time in
      months. Lo and behold there is a job as 'head bread baker' which pops
      out at him. It is at the same business but under new ownership. (I
      will not bore you with the details of our coming here, that would take
      a book. Needless to say this particular establishment is what broke
      his spirit in the first place.) But, now there is a flicker of
      opportunity. He jumps on it and within a week secures the job. Ever
      since then, our roles have completely changed, as much as our world. Yay!

      This does improve our outlook considerably, however at the moment, we
      are still waiting for the first pay-check. Bills are still ever
      present, and internet access at home, on dial-up no less, is not a
      high priority. It is for this reason that I have been unable to check
      in on all of you.

      Soon things will be up and running smoothly again.

      I hope that all of you will be able to participate in our survey on the top ten ways we can support our planet in our daily lives. Just click on the link. Top Ten Ways To Support Our Planet

      Peace, Love and Light,
      Lyra Jubb
      "We co-create a beautiful world through our peaceful stewardship of
      Earth." Earth College

      Peace, Love, And Light
      Lyra Star Mist Jubb
      "We co-create a beautiful world through our peaceful stewardship of Earth."