New Members/Netiquette

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2006
      For those new to email discussion groups, here are some guidelines.
      Most of these are very good.
      Some are outdated.
      My comments are marked with *, but I have not looked at all topics.

      To see the full entry go to
      http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?EmailNetiquettePatterns

      TrimYourPosts *Please, please, please

      FitFormatToAudience
      MeaningfulSubjectLine
      LurkBeforeYouLeap
      AskBeforeAttaching

      LessThanEightyColumns *Set column width to 65 characters/stops long
      line-short line replies

      SixLineSigLimit
      StandardSigDelimiter
      PrivateResponsePrivateReply
      PrivateResponseVisibleReminder
      KeepItCivilStupid
      MixedCaseMessage
      SplitLongBlocks
      UncuddledParagraphs
      ProofBeforePosting
      ItsWiseToRevise

      AssumeStupidityNotMalice *lots of good links from this topic

      ConquerWithCompassion
      RetireGracefully

      ReplyBelowOriginal *The new guideline is to reply at the top, not the bottom.

      ChangeTheSubjectIfYouChangeTheSubject *That really messes things up
      for Gmail users,

      ThreadsStartsWithNewMessages