A Waldorf School in Miami

  • Annabelle
    Message 1 of 3 , May 21, 2006
      I joined this group to be in contact with parents just like me that want children to be treated
      with the reverence and respect for their individuality that we all deserve. A few months ago I
      enrolled my son in a Waldorf School just a few minutes from my house and to my delight he
      is loving every moment, he is eager to go everyday and all it takes for his sleepy head to
      jump off the bed is to mention that it is time to go to school. The school has been in the
      area for many years now but it has moved its locations many times and I think that is one of
      the reasons it has not grown. Right now after a financially rough period the school has found
      a property just a few miles from its present location , it has so much potential for growth and
      I am committed in all levels to support the wonderful teachers and directors of this school to
      make this place a "loving home" for all the children that want to attend. I am posting this
      message for all of you in the Miami area that will like to explore the possibility of your
      children to attend this wonderful school and also to ask for your prayers to allow this
      wonderful project to unfold in right and perfect way, for the benefit and the joy of all
      involved.

      Thank you so much!

      Annabelle Cooper
    • Lily
      Message 2 of 3 , May 24, 2006
        I'm happy to hear about a Waldorf School in Miami. Waldorf School's have many
        hurtles to jump and a new school particularly so. As a fifteen year Waldof
        parent I've seen schools in all stages of development. Money is a huge issue
        even an old and established school. Whatever the troubles - it's worth it.
        The kids know and so will you if you keep an open mind.

        My daughter had pretty severe learning differences, I was told to take her out
        of the school but chose not to because she was so happy and everyone treated
        her with deep respect for who she was/is and what she is good at. Now as a
        Waldorf 11th grader, she has a B+ average and is applying to UC Berkeley.

        Waldorf schooling is a journey for the whole family. There will be times you
        hate the teachers and the other parents, but you work it through. Many people
        run away when things get hard or are not to their liking. I found it better to
        work through it and teach my daughter to work through rather than run away. The
        other children who have shared her journey are as special to me as she. The
        teachers know her and help her when she asks for it. I've met some of the most
        important people in my life through association with the school. I've learned
        more about myself from the students, teachers and staff then I did in all the
        years before.

        Welcome to a wild, but most excellent ride.

        LOL

        Namaste,

        Lily

        Quoting Annabelle <benditasoy2000@...>:

        > I joined this group to be in contact with parents just like me that want
        > children to be treated
        >
        > with the reverence and respect for their individuality that we all deserve.
        > A few months ago I
        >
        > enrolled my son in a Waldorf School just a few minutes from my house and to
        > my delight he
        >
        > is loving every moment, he is eager to go everyday and all it takes for his
        > sleepy head to
        >
        > jump off the bed is to mention that it is time to go to school.  The school
        > has been in the
        >
        > area for many years now but it has moved its locations many times and I think
        > that is one of
        >
        > the reasons it has not grown. Right now after a financially rough period the
        > school has found
        >
        > a property just a few miles from its present location , it has so much
        > potential for growth and
        >
        > I am committed in all levels to support the wonderful teachers and directors
        > of this school to
        >
        > make this place a "loving home" for all the children that want to attend. I
        > am posting this
        >
        > message for all of you in the Miami area that will like to explore the
        > possibility of your
        >
        > children to attend this wonderful school and also to ask for your prayers to
        > allow this
        >
        > wonderful project to unfold in right and perfect way, for the benefit and the
        > joy of all
        >
        > involved.
        >

        > Thank you so much!
        >

        > Annabelle Cooper
      • Annabelle
        Message 3 of 3 , May 25, 2006
          Thanks Lily, and your are right , the birth of my son five years ago
          has launched the most amazing journey for me, never before I have
          allowed myself to be guided from within like now, I have walked this
          path terrified at times, but trusting that my heart can never lead me
          in the wrong direction, this is why I joined this list, knowing that
          there is "real" people just like me that have taken a stand for our
          children, refusing to give them to "the world" so they can be a
          reflection of expections, raised to be "mainstreamed" , instead we are
          allowing them to grow into to the image likeness of the Spirit that
          has created them and in my case by doing that I have come to know and
          understand thes same for me. Thanks Lily and to everyone that
          contributes to this list.

          Love,

          Annabelle