RE: [The Indigo Network] Digest Number 494

  • gretchen gesell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2006
      Hi!

      My name is Gretchen an I am a teacher- I have worked at both public and
      currently a private school that calls itself progessive...I have a lot of
      creative freedom-my principal says I am the "vision" of the school---but
      none of my colleagues seem to share the vision or care to give up the safety
      of doing the same ole' They dont seem to want to create an experience with
      the kids that is unique to that group, but try to force the group to have
      the same sit in your seat experience each year. Blah.

      I have realized that to reach my dream of creating a meaningful learning
      environment/experience, it is not enough/or worth it to challenge a system,
      sometimes you just need to create your own. I am also interested in opening
      a new school- I am in Los Angeles but probably moving to the Cincinnatti
      area...