Indigo Parenting Tips
How to parent an Indigo child and get the most from your gifted child
Wendy H. Chapman has compiled a guide for parents and teachers, here
are some of her suggestions:
* Respect them
* Give choices
* Give them freedom to develop, balanced with supervision and
* Do set limits to protect them, but not arbitrary ones.
* Tell reasons and explain why.
* Give them complete explanations to the level they will be able
* Do not talk down to them.
* Be honest with your children. Tell the truth. They will know if
you are not.
* Don't try to manipulate them. It won't work.
* Don't use guilt, fear or hate as a controlling tool.
* Be fair and also be consistent. If you say no, make sure you
have a good reason and don't give in.
* Admit when you make mistakes.
* Respect any psychic skills they develop, even if you do not
* Be open to learning from them.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]